PDA

View Full Version : Question about crown trim.

lanceWynn
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Hello,
I am looking to purchase this machine for my home workshop. The first project I am planning on doing is to make custom crown trim for the doors in a house we are building for my parents. I am thinking about doing a moulded look, with a Keystone in the middle, with an image of an animal in the keystone, and some ribbons, and whatever to the side. The moulding will then continue to the edge of the door, and I would like it to cut the ends with a stylized miter type thingy.

I have been playing with the software, and I think I can get everythig I want out of it, my question then is this: Can I copy the pattern onto the memory card, and then when I get to the job site, can i tell the machine to only cut it 36" wide, and have the machine center the keystone, cut the moulding, and finish the ends? Or will i need a seperate drawing for eah doorway?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Ted Grinnell
02-09-2007, 11:33 AM
You can go into the original MPC and resize the board from there, but yes you will need a seperate program for each size door frame.

To resize board, go to edit and then click on board settings and resize. Your original pattern will be left there with the new board settings.

If you are not concerned with poportionality, you can stretch the original to the new board size, and redefine your cutoffs.