PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a peace symbol ☮

CarverJerry
04-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Does anyone have a peace symbol ☮ in their collection? Either vector or raster would work fine. I looked thru all my files and couldn't believe I didn't have a one. Thanks

henry1
04-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have a peace symbol ☮ in their collection? Either vector or raster would work fine. I looked thru all my files and couldn't believe I didn't have a one. Thanks
will this do

DocWheeler
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Jerry,

How did you type the symbol in your post?
Couldn't you put that as a text character in your project?

I tried to locate that chacter in the fonts that I have and failed.

CNC Carver
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Doc,

hold down alt while pressing 9774 on number pad and see:☮

DocWheeler
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I knew it was there somewhere.
My real question was why not use that to create the carving?

CarverJerry
04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I had to copy and paste the symbol as its not in the usual fonts for windows, maybe on a Mac not Windows. The alt 9774 just gives me a dot (period) .

SteveNelson46
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Jerry

Will this do?

CarverJerry
04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Steve, I couldn't open the file as I haven't up graded to the new version yet, I'm half affraid to do so after reading the posts here on the fourm, kinda want to make sure the bugs are fixed before I up grade, I have enough trouble on my own with out hidden bugs in the program.

mtylerfl
04-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Steve, I couldn't open the file as I haven't up graded to the new version yet, I'm half affraid to do so after reading the posts here on the fourm, kinda want to make sure the bugs are fixed before I up grade, I have enough trouble on my own with out hidden bugs in the program.

...or, do what a lot of us do....copy the older program's directory/folder and paste it right back into the Program Files (x86) folder. Rename the copy to whatever-the-version-number is (so you can tell what it is later on...I have several prior versions and it's the only way to keep track of them without starting each one and looking at the splash screen or the Help/About).

Then update to the current version (it will automatically overwrite the current version you have, but won't touch the copied version you made). This way, you can have your cake and eat it too. Run the new program or run the older one(s)...no problem.

SteveNelson46
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Jerry

I included the .dxf file. Can you use that? BTW, I made the .dxf from scratch in Corel Draw . It's just a couple of circles, some rotated rectangles and judicious use of the trim tool.

spalted
04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
MT, I just had one of those "duh....why didn't I think of that moments"
Thanks, handy little tip there.

CarverJerry
04-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks Michael, I do remember that being talked about a while back, I'll give that a try and look at Steves file. And thanks Steve