PDA

View Full Version : obsessive compulsive disorder OCD

badbert
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Lately my OCD has all but crippled my woodworking. I get so hung up, splitting hairs, that I end up frustrated and walk away.
For example, I have a collection of squares. But how square are they? Don't even get me started on my joinery! I have a nice glue joint bit. But the variations in thickness seem to always leave an edge. This is fine until I get to 12" (the size of my planer). But there is usually an edge left, that has to be sanded away. If both boards were perfectly flat (How flat is perfectly flat?!) before the joint. Then sanding out the final edge means the board can no longer be perfectly flat. This probably sounds completely ridiculous to you! And it will get better for me. Don't really know why I made this post. Just thought to vent.

Bigtyme
04-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Hang in there Bert. There are many days when I have to walk away as well. Usually I have to because my mind is going in too many directions and I don't feel safe... We should see some better weather here in SE Michigan soon and some nice sunlight can't hurt....