PDA

View Full Version : non-carver question

want2b
04-27-2013, 07:50 PM
I apologise as this is not carver related. Does anyone know of a 'site' other than Ebay or Craigslist where I could advertise wood tools? Am cleaning
out my father-in-laws estate and he has a lot of tools, many never opened or used but I have most of them already.. Feel it would be better if I could
place them where the viewers would be mostly wood related.
Appeciate any advice.
Thx,
Rick H.

fwharris
04-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Why not here??

dcalvin4
04-27-2013, 08:43 PM
I would try your local Craigs list
denny

jmoriearty
04-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm with TW, may as well give the group here first dibs on the wood working tools. This group is kind of a family, I'm sure that many would appreciate it.

want2b
04-28-2013, 07:58 AM
If there is no problem using the forum I would be glad to list them here, I just wasn't sure if it was OK. Will get some of the items on a list & post.
Thx,
Rick H

henry1
04-28-2013, 08:21 AM
When do you expect to do this post very interested

Digitalwoodshop
04-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Find the Sawmill Creek forum. It has a For Sale Thread that gets allot of attention..... The Trick... Is that you must join the forum and make a small donation that makes you a Contributor. I purchased a Thickness Sander on that forum... Lots of TOOLS change hands in that forum.

A Small Donation to become a Contributor lets you post stuff for sale... It is the MOST cost Efficient way to sell Tools in my opinion... NO eBay FEES... And you are going to find a Willing Market.... The People that LOOK are normally looking to BUY.... Posting Pictures in VERY Important... And like here, you posted your location and that is the first thing that they will ask...

Big ticket items should have it's own entry and when it is sold you go back and edit the Subject and add SOLD to save time. Some post small groups of tools and list each item and price. It is common to see a edit and SOLD after some of the items.

So between HERE and Sawmill Creek you will have no problem selling the tools.

And lastly, I am sorry for your loss....

Good Luck,

AL

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?187677-Classified-Advertisement-Rules

want2b
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Sorry to be so slow responding, I only get online about once a day. Anyway, decided to list a couple of the smaller items I have found. Shipping obviously will be a factor and my best option for these is USPS and I have not had time to get to the post office and get any prices on for these
1. Leigh Dovetail Jig Model D-1258R ,asking $50, still in the original box - box has been opened, everything still wrapped in original covering.
2. Incra jig Universal Positioning Jig, asking $25, as above
3. Drill Doctor 500, asking $40, not in original packaging, in plastic case in foam, may have been used once or twice.
All prices do not include shipping, will take to the PO and get a price if anybody wants them.
Anyone interested please PM me and I will send you my E-mail address, again, I may not respond as fast as others.
Not sure what else I'll find, hope everbody doesn't mind the timeline, have taken 4 loads to the 'landfill' of 'stuff'.
Thx,
Rick H.

want2b
05-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Have a 'yellow' 'Board Buddies' and a 'green' 'Board Buddies' hold-down devices from Woodstock International.
Both still in the in the original boxes, opened only to see contents, never removed, still in packaging.
Asking $20 each plus shipping.
Thx,
Rick H.
ps:Al, thx for the heads up on sawmill, will be the next venue.