PDA

View Full Version : My probe says its open.

jackssib1
04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I have cleaned and made sure it is pluged in good, but still get message, check connection, probe open. anyone??
Thanks,, Jack

Digitalwoodshop
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Not sure if this is the first time???? Or a new problem with a working probe....?

The First Probe Jacks were on the side of the Z Truck. Once you installed the A907 Z Bundle Upgrade, it replaces the old 18 pin FSC Cable and 2 circuit boards. The New 14 pin FSC Cable and 2 Circuit Boards, then lets you use the jack on the Inside of the cover on the Keypad Side. You need an adapter.

Just the Basics... But the Wires could be broken inside the probe too if you are plugging it in the correct area.

AL

jackssib1
04-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Not sure if this is the first time???? Or a new problem with a working probe....?

The First Probe Jacks were on the side of the Z Truck. Once you installed the A907 Z Bundle Upgrade, it replaces the old 18 pin FSC Cable and 2 circuit boards. The New 14 pin FSC Cable and 2 Circuit Boards, then lets you use the jack on the Inside of the cover on the Keypad Side. You need an adapter.

Just the Basics... But the Wires could be broken inside the probe too if you are plugging it in the correct area.

AL

Thanks Al, I am using the probe on new carver, 1st. time on this. Was working on my old carver.
Going to get other carver fix later. But needed to probe things,,

bergerud
04-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Have you wiggled the probe around while the open message is on the display? Center position is closed and deflected is open.

DickB
04-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Check your probe with an ohm meter. Mine registers under 20 ohms when untouched and infinite when I move the probe tip. This will isolate if it is the probe or machine wiring.

SteveNelson46
04-25-2013, 05:01 PM
You may need to change the scanning probe settings on the LCD panel from "Cover" to "Z-Truck" or from "Z-Truck" to "Cover" depending on which machine you have. Here is a link to the documentation. See the page labeled page 6 (it's actually page 9 in the navigation index).

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Manuals/CW_probe_manual.pdf

jackssib1
04-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks all, I'll try all and see what works,,
Jack

Digitalwoodshop
04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
To answer this we must know what version of FSC Cable you have on each machine. On the 1st machine where did you plug in the probe? On the 2nd machine where are you plugging in the probe?

It is possible that the 2nd machine has the old 18 pin FSC Cable and the wires for the probe are open.... OR the flat thin cable inside the Z Truck is broken or missing...

I am just guessing here... Since after you install the 14 pin FSC Cable the machine will say SCAN AREA until you change the selection from Truck to Cover. But it could say cover and you have the old 18 pin and are plugging it into the truck.

Lots of guessing here...

In the picture you can see the EARLY Z Truck that has a Circuit Board and a small flex cable. This board contained 1. Probe Data, 2. A Homing Sensor and 3. A Speed Sensor like the one on the Cut Motor. This was for the old 18 pin FSC Cable.

The 14 Pin A907 Upgrade removed the use of the Circuit Board.... The Speed Sensor and Homing Sensor were not used for many months... Just the Probe Data in the end. But with the 14 pin, the Probe was moved to the cover jack...

AL

lynnfrwd
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I believe he has a b model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergerud
04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I do not believe there is a cover - truck choice with the B model any more. At least when I checked mine, I there was no longer any choice. It said (cover) and it could not be changed. I assume that the newer firmware knows it is not an A and sets it to cover.

Digitalwoodshop
04-26-2013, 07:26 PM
I do not believe there is a cover - truck choice with the B model any more. At least when I checked mine, I there was no longer any choice. It said (cover) and it could not be changed. I assume that the newer firmware knows it is not an A and sets it to cover.

Yep, the "Matag Repair Man" is wondering what a High Efficiency Washer is.... LOL.... I am SO behind the Power Curve.....

Thanks for that info.... Didn't have a clue...

AL

blooviper
09-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I have the same problem.. B machine, probe is locked open..I have used a meter on the probe and it's registering, I've done a continuity on all wires from the receptacle plug to the circuit board plug, all's good no broken wires, move the probe all around, nothing changes...Stumped. Any help would be appreciated..

fwharris
09-13-2013, 08:14 PM
I have the same problem.. B machine, probe is locked open..I have used a meter on the probe and it's registering, I've done a continuity on all wires from the receptacle plug to the circuit board plug, all's good no broken wires, move the probe all around, nothing changes...Stumped. Any help would be appreciated..

Have you looked at the sensor checks to see what it is giving? Also is the probe set for the "cover" or "truck"?

blooviper
09-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Sensor checks read "open" (if I'm understanding your question correctly) and it is set for cover.

blooviper
09-15-2013, 09:25 AM
I also checked the continuity on the probe, beeps when untouched and stopped when the probe is moved, I believe that this shows that the probe is functioning correctly..Do you think it may be a bad board?...Thanks for your help