PDA

View Full Version : Updating issue

Azbear
04-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I have been updating for years now the same way and today is aggravating me to no end.
From designer
Help
Update
download latest version
My computer takes over
Download successful
Restart my computer
Open designer
Upload my completed project to card
Go to machine and carve away

As mentioned, been doing it this way since I think 162 version. Now I have to register my machine. Forms won't take my password, my machine belongs to someone else, etc... I've sent a message to support but thought someone here may feel for me and try to help. Sure wish I would not have chosen to update when I did. Is it possible to go back to the 182 version and forget all of the hassle? If so, how?

Azbear
04-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I have been updating for years now the same way and today is aggravating me to no end.
From designer
Help
Update
download latest version
My computer takes over
Download successful
Restart my computer
Open designer
Upload my completed project to card
Go to machine and carve away

As mentioned, been doing it this way since I think 162 version. Now I have to register my machine. Forms won't take my password, my machine belongs to someone else, etc... I've sent a message to support but thought someone here may feel for me and try to help. Sure wish I would not have chosen to update when I did. Is it possible to go back to the 182 version and forget all of the hassle? If so, how?

Any ideas?

easybuilt
04-21-2013, 11:24 AM
What operating system are you using? Did you get the option to save as? If so, save to desk top and then right click and run a administrator.

lynnfrwd
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Then select the option that says "I already have an account". Need you Customer account username and password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azbear
04-21-2013, 12:55 PM
What operating system are you using? Did you get the option to save as? If so, save to desk top and then right click and run a administrator.

I'm using XP.
I did not get the save as option.

Azbear
04-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Then select the option that says "I already have an account". Need you Customer account username and password.

I did choose the option you mentioned. It did not take my user name or password. It kept stating my user name and password was incorrect. I have a store user and password as well as the same for the forum. One time I got as far as machine serial number, then it told me my machine belongs to someone else. At this point, I just want to go back to the previous version and get my carving done. How can I go back?

bergerud
04-21-2013, 01:17 PM
You may be able to reinstall 1.182. It is worth a try.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/downloads/designer_1_182.exe

lynnfrwd
04-21-2013, 02:26 PM
You need your Customer Account username and password.

Azbear
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
You may be able to reinstall 1.182. It is worth a try.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/downloads/designer_1_182.exe

I'll give this a shot.

Azbear
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
I'll give this a shot.

I downloaded version 182 just fine. Designer still wants me to register a licence. This is where the troubles are. It will not accept my customer user name and password. I tried my store customer login and my forum login. It just keeps telling me my user name and password is not correct. I know they both work as I've used them in the past.

Any more ideas?

Azbear
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM

I downloaded version 182 just fine. Designer still wants me to register a licence. This is where the troubles are. It will not accept my customer user name and password. I tried my store customer login and my forum login. It just keeps telling me my user name and password is not correct. I know they both work as I've used them in the past.

Any more ideas?

Azbear
04-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Designer still wants me to register a licence. This is where the troubles are. It will not accept my customer user name and password. I tried my store customer login and my forum login. It just keeps telling me my user name and password is not correct. I know they both work as I've used them in the past.

Any more ideas?

bergerud
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Too bad. I thought that if you had a license file, it might have worked. You will have to wait until tomorrow I guess.

Azbear
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Too bad. I thought that if you had a license file, it might have worked. You will have to wait until tomorrow I guess.

I guess so as well. I just do not understand why I have to register a licence at this point of the game. I've downloaded many updates in the past and never had to register anything. Now that I have to get this piece done for a silent auction coming very soon, I have issues. Seems the faster I drive, the slower I go. Just venting and thanks for taking the time to help out. So appreciate it!

want2b
04-21-2013, 05:31 PM
I upgraded from 1.182 about a month ago and I'm on XP. Seems to me there were additional steps. I believe I had to download & save the new, then uninstall the old version , then install the new which I am now on 1.186. I believe it had something to do with the new version being made with a different compiler program. Unfortunately now is a little late for you to find that out if that is the problem. I'm sure the folks at tech will quickly correct the problem, know it's got to be frustrating.
Good luck,
Rick H