PDA

View Full Version : Transferring software to new owner

Trader Howland
04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm thinking about selling my machine and was wondering how does one go about transferring the software over to the new owner if someone wishes to purchase the machine? Thanks much for any info!

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2013, 10:49 AM
For the Basic Software that does transfer, all it takes is a call to LHR to tell them you have sold the machine and the new owner calling LHR and giving the info for the file. If the new owner has never loaded the free Designer Software with the 30 day License then that will work at first. After 30 days it stops working.

None of the patterns transfer if I am correct... Centerline Text and the Add On Software including the Probe Software will not transfer.

At least that is what I believe...

Connie may chime in shortly.

As for selling the machine... I see you have been a member since 2007.... IF you have the Software CD from 2007 then trash it.... IF the New User loads it.... BAD things happen when he goes to upgrade to the latest... Have him load the latest from the LHR site.

It is best to list the most important things that will determine the price.

What model...? "A", "B" or "C"
Cut Motor Hours?
What type chuck? QC, Rock, CT, ER?
What type of Belts? Sand Paper, or Rubber?
Dust Collection?
Old 18 Pin FSC Cable or the newer 14 pin FSC Cable. Also known as the A907 Fix if I got the number correct.
Machine working or not...

A "A" model working goes for about $400.00, not working even less on here. We are very in-tune to the price.

On Craig's List or eBay you will get more.

Another option is to donate it to a School.... Just a thought...

Good Luck,

AL

lynnfrwd
04-20-2013, 11:15 AM
You got it, al. Only designer transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trader Howland
04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks Al! How do I Know which model I have? I'll attach some pics. Also, if I'm looking at the right thing, I have a jack for a 15 pin cable on the back of the machine. The chuck, whichever one it is will need to be replaced -I had a bit slip out once and kinda reamed the inside of the chuck out, still used it but the bit would come out after a while almost every time.

Small tear in the sandpaper traction belt that never interfered with use/functionality.

Dust collection port.

15 hrs and 54 mins cut time.

Always worked great, never had to have anything done to it.

What have I got and what do you think It would go for? May have to try Craigslist first.
Thank you for your help!617636176461765
Hmmm, don't know why these loaded sideways, they weren't like that on my phone......

henry1
04-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I see you have an A version and the type Spindale , would you be willing to ship to NY state

Trader Howland
04-20-2013, 01:51 PM
I see you have an A version and the type Spindale , would you be willing to ship to NY state
Henry, possibly. Want to wait on more info before I price it. Thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2013, 08:31 PM
More than likely you have the first version of the FSC Cable, that is the 18 pin version. The FSC Cable is that 3/4 inch wide cable that provides power and signals to and from the Z Head as it goes back and forth on the Y Axis. With so little hours, that ups the value some... The 18 pin FSC Cable is Functional and works fine. Early in 2007 the first machines like you have experienced Z Stalls. Or the Z Would drive into the board and stall. I had 3 of my 4 machines fail. Changed all to the newer 14 pin Cable.

The Upgrade gives you the new 14 pin cable and the circuit boards that go on each end. IF you put a 14 pin Wider Pins FSC Cable in your machine without changing the 2 Circuit Boards, and used the Thinner Pin 18 pin boards... When you turn the power on the Wider Pin FSC Cable will SHORT OUT the Computer.... So know and please pass this tip on to the new owner.

A few have only recently changed to the 14 pin cable, years later... It moves the Probe Data to the side cover and after the change, the machine will come up in Scan Area after the Cable and 2 Circuit Boards are changed. You will need to go into the setup menu and change the Probe Data Source from the Truck to the Cover. Once you make that change the machine will work normal. Until then... Stays in Scan Area...

The difference between the old 18 pin and the newer 14 pin is like the difference between a AA Battery Flashlight and a D Battery Flashlight... The 14 pin and the D Battery have MORE Current or more PUSH for the Z Motor.... You can sell it just fine with the 18 pin FSC Cable... IT Works..... The Down Side... The Thinner wires of the 18 pin when they flex over and over... They Snap quicker... Causing problems. The Thicker 14 pin wires last many times longer before snapping. It is just thin flat copper wire with a plastic case.

No Warranty will transfer either... So it will be a AS IS machine....

Problems with the "A" Series Machines that you can expect....

FSC Cable Failure with the 18 pin version.

Power Supply... The L2 Coil in the Power Supply has been known to snap and causes a dead machine.... I have had 3 of 4 fail on me...

QC or Quick Change Chuck, It will fail over time, leaving BB Marks in the Bit Holders. This will cause Vibration that causes the L2 to fail...
The Rock Chuck was a After Market Chuck to hold bits. LHR sells the Carve Tite now and is good too. Serious users will upgrade... I have even had the V 60 bit thrown out of the machine when I did not get the QC set proper to hold the bit due to dust buildup.

Board Sensor Failure.... that series had a problem with the LED's Snapping off since the Board was not glues to the black holder... Newer Board Sensors have glued boards and will last years....

X Termination Board, the C1 Capacitor will snap off one end... Causing the Cut Motor to Start by itself or NOT Start... Again... 3 of 4 of my machines...

Cut Motor Speed Magnet will Fly off shaft... Giving you a CCM Error... Check Cut Motor... The fix is the last picture a hard plastic retainer on the cut motor...

SO you have a GREAT MACHINE but for the Serious User... It is a FIXER UPPER....

They would change the Chuck and the FSC Cable... And ADD Glue to the C1 Capacitor and the L2 Coil to prevent a future problem.

And would glue the Board Sensor... and get the Cut Motor Fix...

With all the above Fixes... AND getting Dust Control... This is a very Trouble FREE Machine....

As for the Price.... It is what ever someone is willing to pay.... I believe there has been a few threads on selling machines that has prices. Use the " " with the search window. Like "Selling Machine" , "Selling Price". Shipping will be close to $100.00 PLUS... And do you have the BOX... They are HEAVY and Don't Ship WELL... Dropped...They SNAP the FRAME.... Having the Proper Box is a PLUS with the Foam... And REMOVE the FLEX SHAFT.... OR the Cut Motor can be DAMAGED due to the STRESS.

Now... The SUM of all the parts is LESS than the Parts sold individualy....

The Cut Motor is worth at least $100.00
Computer is worth at least $200.00 even $300.00...
Power Supply... $100.00
and the many other parts.....

So don't sell yourself SHORT.... Get what you can.... Selling it to someone HERE that knows the Fixes would be best...

And your location is GOOD, someone might be CLOSE.... Save on Shipping...

Good Luck,

AL

Look at the Dates on the Pictures... Most are 2007 and 2008... LHR Identified the Fixes as they were found... The Problem was that Sears had Purchased a LARGE Quantity of the "A" Series Machines and were already sitting ready to SHIP.... All had the "Potential" for the same failures... As many of the Fixes are from AFTER Sears had them... That in the Nut Shell is why all the bad press... LHR and Sears just had to work through the Fixes and THIS FORUM made such a difference to MANY.... Finding the Answers HERE.... I have 4 "A" Series Machines... The "B" and later "C" machines have Incorporated MANY FIXES not mentioned... Like a Stronger Frame... All the Holes in the Z Truck are filled in if not needed and a thicker CASTING.... And many I don't even know about... But the lack of posts in the Troubleshooting Forum is testament to the Current Version of the machine.... Your "A" Machine can get all the Fixes and BE a GREAT machine... I am HAPPY with my "A" Machines.

Trader Howland
04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow -now that's a wealth of information! Thanks for going through all of this for me/with me Al. I'm amazed at all the progress with the machines and shamed that I've been out of the loop for so long that I've missed out on all the upgrades, etc. Now to process all this info and decide what to do with this machine, I'm a tad bit overwhelmed. I guess I could put it up for sale for what it's worth, maybe pad the price for some 'wiggle room' and mention that the machine needs X amount of dollars worth of upgrades to be up to par with the newer machines. I noticed there is no pricing info for the A907 Z-motor bundle but the Carve Tite would run $160.00 but would require the A907 upgrade first. I don't have the box but I see you can order them for around $15.00 -assuming the body style of the newer machines hasn't changed to the point where my machine won't fit in the box.

Anyone know the cost of the A907/14 pin upgrade?

decisions, decisions.....

henry1
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Wow -now that's a wealth of information! Thanks for going through all of this for me/with me Al. I'm amazed at all the progress with the machines and shamed that I've been out of the loop for so long that I've missed out on all the upgrades, etc. Now to process all this info and decide what to do with this machine, I'm a tad bit overwhelmed. I guess I could put it up for sale for what it's worth, maybe pad the price for some 'wiggle room' and mention that the machine needs X amount of dollars worth of upgrades to be up to par with the newer machines. I noticed there is no pricing info for the A907 Z-motor bundle but the Carve Tite would run $160.00 but would require the A907 upgrade first. I don't have the box but I see you can order them for around $15.00 -assuming the body style of the newer machines hasn't changed to the point where my machine won't fit in the box.

Anyone know the cost of the A907/14 pin upgrade?

decisions, decisions.....
So now send me a private message if you decide to sell and what you looking to get

fwharris
04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
The Z motor bundle is around $125.00 but you will get a rebate for sending the old z truck back. Also the same thing for doing the CarveTight upgrade..