PDA

View Full Version : Zaxis Stall

JuicyCarp
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
This only happened because I told a guy last night that I would have a sign carved for him for a party on Saturday morning!

I am getting a z axis stall message, no matter what I try to do. Board in/board out, bit in/bit out z axis just wont work! I ran the x axis test, it went perfect, the y axis test went perfect, the z axis test didnt go so well. Anytime the z axis tries to do anything, it does a quick "bounce" and then stalls. When the machine is off, everything moves very smoothly and easily, thanks to all the cleaning i have done today trying to fix this. I tried flashing the card, didnt fix the problem. Cleaned out all the dust i could find, still nothing.

I am stuck. I scoured the forum trying every solution I could find.

I need help!

fwharris
04-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Check the FSC cable for being loose in the connector on back of the Z truck and also look for any nicks, cracks in the cable itself. Most often they are at the support bracket in the back of the machine.

JuicyCarp
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the help! Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) the cable appears to be in good condition and is secured in the connector.

badbert
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Format the card and reload the project and board.

JuicyCarp
04-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Badbert, flashing the card fixes most of my problems, but hasn't fixed this one

JuicyCarp
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Any other ideas? I love this machine but I'm on the verge of selling it!

lynnfrwd
04-19-2013, 11:10 AM
This only happened because I told a guy last night that I would have a sign carved for him for a party on Saturday morning!

I am getting a z axis stall message, no matter what I try to do. Board in/board out, bit in/bit out z axis just wont work! I ran the x axis test, it went perfect, the y axis test went perfect, the z axis test didnt go so well. Anytime the z axis tries to do anything, it does a quick "bounce" and then stalls. When the machine is off, everything moves very smoothly and easily, thanks to all the cleaning i have done today trying to fix this. I tried flashing the card, didnt fix the problem. Cleaned out all the dust i could find, still nothing.

I am stuck. I scoured the forum trying every solution I could find.

I need help!

You are under warranty. Have you called us to speak to a Hardware Tech?

chief2007
04-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Any other ideas? I love this machine but I'm on the verge of selling it!

Could be a possible power supply issue - But as Connie suggest, give the LHR techs a call. They will run you through the troubleshooting procedures to find the problem

Geomoo1
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
+1 on calling the LHR Tech Support team. I'm sure either Joseph or Israel will be glad to help. I know because I have spent a lot of time on the phone with both. I am having Z Axis stall problems also. I just shipped the Y & Z motors, FFC cable, power supply and flash card plug-in circuitry back for testing. As a matter of fact they should get there today. My machine has been down for almost a week now and I am already having withdrawal pains.

JuicyCarp
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I wi hopefully be able to call them today. Thanks guys!

roughcut
04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't know if this is true or not but when I get the z axis error I adjust the carving bit a little longer and it seems to fix the stall go figuar..... Maybe the newer versions are set for the new adapter .

bergerud
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
If the z moves easily, the FFC ribbon is not the problem, and it stalls right away, I would suspect the encoder disk in the back of the z motor. Maybe it is spinning freely or dusty.

JuicyCarp
04-19-2013, 03:20 PM
im trying to upload a video now!

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2013, 10:43 AM
If the z moves easily, the FFC ribbon is not the problem, and it stalls right away, I would suspect the encoder disk in the back of the z motor. Maybe it is spinning freely or dusty.

Ding Ding ding.... We have a Winner !!!!

Good Job !!!!

AL

bergerud
04-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks AL. It is fun to be right once in awhile!