PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright Newsletters

lynnfrwd
04-18-2013, 04:21 PM
4/18/2013 - CarveWright Newsletter (http://conta.cc/15jfcwo)

New Version 1.187 released
New Keyhole Function & Software
New Tips & Tricks - Using the 2D Advanced Suite Tools (by Cecil Craft)
CarveWright available at HomeDepot
Conference Registration Now Available

lawrence
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM
cool, thank you-

Connie,
Quick question- what exactly does the keyhole function do beyond what some folks here have already been doing with vectors? I see it includes a bit and assume there is a speed setting that it changes when you
add the bit but would love to hear more.

Lawrence

RMarkey
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
1. It's a visual representation of the keyhole on the board.
2. Selectable length and direction of keyhole
3. Properly ejects the bit if an error occurs (stop, cover, power fluctuation, etc.)

lawrence
04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Cool- thank you for explaining things; sounds like a great (and affordable) little software upgrade

Lawrence

ladjr
04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
It is a nice addition. The price is equal to the bit. They should have given the software, they could still charge for the bit.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

henry1
04-19-2013, 12:14 PM
It is a nice addition. The price is equal to the bit. They should have given the software, they could still charge for the bit.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today have to agree with you leo lmao

lynnfrwd
04-19-2013, 12:17 PM
If it makes you feel any better, consider the software free and the first bit $39.99.

And no, we will not give you the free software and keep the bit, because "you already have one".

;)

Connie

aokweld101
04-19-2013, 12:47 PM
is the 1.187 a free upload ? And as soon as lunch hour is over for the carvewight staff I'm ordering the keyhole bit, think of what it will save you in hardware over time.

lawrence
04-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Any chance the software will be sold on its own without the bit (and associated shipping costs?) I have a large number of keyhole bits already and though I would probably consider getting the software (if for no other reason than that I have everything else and like to "have it all" and be able to show folks what it does)

I am a little cautious/slightly concerned as this pay-for add on appears to be the type of thing that would have often in the past, been part of the standard designer upgrade but also appreciate that the software designers deserve to be paid for their hard work. This causes me to be a little torn on exactly how I feel about this (slight) change from the past standard of "major new functions are a la carte, upgrades to the designer software and minor add ons are included in the free designer software upgrade" I very much appreciate the freedom and customer empowerment this provides.

The fact that designer has been (and still is!) kept updated for free and that tweaks/updates/new functions are often a part of these free updates is a very important factor for me and is one that I proclaim as a major benefit when
I educate others on the pros of the Carvewright.

Overall though, I continue to be thrilled with the new capabilities and ease of use of the software and am grateful that we have the choice to buy or not buy the new software as it comes out. Having the choice is MUCH better IMHO than not having the choice at all.

V/r
Lawrence

bergerud
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I am in the same boat. I do not need another keyhole bit or the $45 shipping cost to Canada. I would buy the software also if offered without the bit.

lawrence
04-19-2013, 01:56 PM
on a further note- IMHO this would have been a GREAT add on to the 2d tool suite and may have encouraged those that haven't done so already to purchase that suite of software.