PDA

View Full Version : Sign ideas

easybuilt
04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I have been keeping my machines busy, this is some signs from last week. The large oval sign with the bass is 24", took three carves at .74. Each carve was about 5 hours. The Paddle Boars sign is also 24" wide and they bought two! The Billy Bear sign is a book cover going to a Great Britain customer. Hope you enjoy looking.

bergerud
04-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Man, you are a freaking factory! You must have an assembly line. How many employees do you have? (You better give them a raise after producing such nice signs.)

fwharris
04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Man, you are a freaking factory! You must have an assembly line. How many employees do you have? (You better give them a raise after producing such nice signs.)

Ya we are going to change his name to SAW DUST TOM!

lawrence
04-13-2013, 11:28 AM
outstanding signs- and again thank you for taking the time to post them here. I understand that it takes effort on your part, but it is so great to see your techniques as they are varied and of a very high quality.

Lawrence

ps- I really like the gnome :)

SharonB
04-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Tom, I always look forward to your posts. Every sign is different from the week before. Just keep producing and I'll keep on looking.

easybuilt
04-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Thank you Sharon, Lawrence, Floyd and bergerud! Yes I keep my high school helper busy. I glad you enjoy seeing them, it is always fun to work on these projects.

Capt Bruce
04-14-2013, 08:00 AM
What can we say except GREAT Tom, and please keep them coming as you inspire all of us every week. Your productivity and creativity just continue to amaze me.

aokweld101
04-14-2013, 08:07 AM
those are some nice signs, as always your painting is exceptional, I got on the site for your gnomes, all I can say is watch out for the little people!!!!!

easybuilt
04-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks so much Capt Bruce and Aokweld 101! I am glad you like seeing my projects. For the others that have not seen my Gnomes Facebook page please check it out and "like it" if you don't mind. It has been a lot of fun creating gnomes and doors. I have been placing them all over the city parks and next week it is going to be on the city web site for people to search out a prize with GPS locations. It was in last weeks paper and our local Patch. Yea in my spare time???? :) https://www.facebook.com/BonneyLakeGnomes --Here is the patch article -- http://bonneylake-sumner.patch.com/articles/gnomes-move-in-to-bonney-lake

DickB
04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Great work Tom! Would you share your painting technique for the Paddle up sign?

easybuilt
04-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks Dick! It is primed them the black is Rust-oleum semi gloss and the white is a semi-gloss exterior paint. I use a roller to paint the letters. Then I touch them up with uni Paint oil based markers, these are excellent.