PDA

View Full Version : Is trial software different?

KNOTTY PINE
02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Hello Everyone!

I downloaded the trial software prior to purchasing one of the machines to see if the machine could do what I want it to do. It is a lot of fun, and I am pretty sure it will do what I want, but I read posts on here telling other people how to do certain tasks, and when I try to find that particular command, icon, or tool, it isn't there. Am I missing something, or is the trial version not a full-blown version of the actual working software?

Maybe it is me, after all, I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer! :lol:

Thanks in advance,
Gary.

P.S. Is there anyone near State College PA who owns a CarveWright and would be willing to demonstrate it's capabilities to me?

liquidguitars
02-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Some of the software options have been left out as the software is still new..

The version we have now 1.115 is more stable but has less tools we need, soon the beta teem will smash the bugs, and we will have the MIA tools.

The confusion is people thought that CW people removed tools just to resale it back to us later; I do not think this is the case.

Right now people need "center line text" and "copy offsets" but we should not have to wait long.

As far as selling “center line text” for 50.00 I think this really looks bad overall and could be a P&R mistake. Overall this software kicks some $#%%...!

Hanna
02-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I have 1.115 and last week I downloaded a pattern from someone here and when I opened it the software was way different. It had a magic wand and all kinds of other stuff.

My software talks about copy offset, but it is not there in layout as it says it should be.

Therefore, how can you tell how to position your image?

BobHill
02-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Hanna,

If you don't have Copy Offset, try using the GRID option to align COPY/PASTE which is always available. Copy/Paste is not a clone of the original (as Copy Offset is) which means that it makes a copy, but it's not constrained from modification or movement as Copy Offset is.

Bob