PDA

View Full Version : Something must be wrong...

Geomoo1
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM
I did my first lithophane today and I was totally awed. I can't believe it is actually that easy. I carved a carrier board and followed the directions in the Tips and Tricks issue on lithophanes. It's a 1/4 x 5 x 7 of my daughter and her husband. All I can say is the detail is absolutely amazing. Please excuse my lack of photographic skills on the litho. It looks a lot better in person.

Rob Mulgrew
04-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Very nice! I would love to give a lithophane a try myself but I am tied up carving signs almost daily.

spalted
04-11-2013, 07:07 PM
It looks fantastic.
I think it's impossible to take photos of lithos that look as good as they do in real life.

fwharris
04-11-2013, 07:43 PM
George,

Great job! In CarveWright terminology we call those the WOW factor. When talking with potential customers we just hand them one and after they look at it a few seconds with a puzzled look we tell them to hold it up to the light. 99.9% of the time the first comment is WOW!

lynnfrwd
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
George,

Great job! In CarveWright terminology we call those the WOW factor. When talking with potential customers we just hand them one and after they look at it a few seconds with a puzzled look we tell them to hold it up to the light. 99.9% of the time the first comment is WOW!

You got that right. I can bet money on the word that comes out of their mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharonB
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
George....I don't think this will be the last Lithophane you will be making because when everyone sees what a wonderful job you did they will be putting in their orders. Nice job.

lawrence
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Shhhh... don't tell anyone it's so easy :)

Great job

Lawrence

Geomoo1
04-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Very nice! I would love to give a lithophane a try myself but I am tied up carving signs almost daily.Rob, it only took about 30 minutes for the carry board and not much more for the litho. Try it. You'll like it.

Geomoo1
04-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys and gals. I'm afraid Something this much fun will be outlawed. :D

aokweld101
04-12-2013, 05:12 AM
I have two sheets of 1/4x8x10 that are waiting for me to do I have not figured out what pattern I want to use yet. my first time doing a lithopane I'm a little intimidated to try the carve, you make it sound easy. But I am sure something will go wrong....lol

Geomoo1
04-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I have two sheets of 1/4x8x10 that are waiting for me to do I have not figured out what pattern I want to use yet. my first time doing a lithopane I'm a little intimidated to try the carve, you make it sound easy. But I am sure something will go wrong....lolIf you follow the Tips and Tricks tutorial on lithophanes about the only thing that can go wrong is a physical problem with the machine. Just carve a carry board (I used MDF), drop in the board and you are off to the races.