PDA

View Full Version : price of bits

aokweld101
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I am wondering, I just bought 4 bits though Lowes, at $30.00 apiece which was $120.00 for the 4 bits which Lowes gets from LHR......When I buy from LHR directly it's $39.99 per bit plus shipping. can someone enlighten me as why or what the reasoning is behind that?

aokweld101
04-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I was thinking after I wrote this that maybe LHR stands for Lowes home repair.. so If that is true, than what I was thinking that carvewright was the main supplyer and that lowes was the middleman so if its the other way around....which if true than that explains it.

bergerud
04-10-2013, 09:19 PM
You should have posted that on April first. That would have been a good one!

aokweld101
04-10-2013, 09:34 PM
ok does mean I'm wrong on what LHR initials stand for?

CW-HAL9000
04-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Could not find the thread but there was an earlier thread on this issue and the programmer and flash card being so much cheaper and LHR rep replied that lowes was selling them at a loss as a loss leader?

I am sure lowes and home depot get them on wholesale and then decide how much they want to upsell them for. LHR used to sell their stuff on amazon at a lower price than on their own website but they have suspended that at least lately.

Maybe someone will jump in here again from LHR but without starting another thread that gets some of the company cheerleaders upset, I and many others feel the shipping charges need adjustment in LHR's business model.

bergerud
04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
ok does mean I'm wrong on what LHR initials stand for?

I do not know either. I bet the L is for Lovchik. I thought I knew once but maybe not.

aokweld101
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Icarver, came up with the best answer so far...lol...still would like to know what LHR stands for?

TerryT
04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
In the business world a supplier cannot undersell his dealers. If he did he would not have dealers buying large volumes of his product. Therefore the supplier usually sticks with full retail price while his dealers sell for a little less. I'm not a business expert but have been playing at it for 20 or 25 years and that is how it goes no matter what the product is.

lynnfrwd
04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Left Hand Rule or Left Hand Right...

Lowes sets their own price. Wouldn't be surprised if you see those going up soon.

I know my husband can't walk into lowes without finding something else he "needs".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
04-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Someone asked me the other day if my last name was the R. I told him I liked the way he thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk