PDA

View Full Version : Errant vector line being carved... anyone know why this is happening?

Ton80
04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
I had a request to do a simple V-carve of the IU college logo and I thought it would be easier to just use the 2d drawing tools of designer rather than import via Centerline.

Problem is I have a carved line showing up and I can't figure out why it's there. I could probably get rid of it if I deleted the connected lines and started over but that is still not solving the problem of how it got there.

The MPC is attached and the one connected line element this is coming from has a bit assigned to it. I attached a screenshot of what I am seeing.

lawrence
04-10-2013, 08:10 AM
I know it's not much help - but I'm seeing the same thing... there are some duplicate vectors that I am getting, maybe that is part of the issue?

Lawrence

Bigtyme
04-10-2013, 08:30 AM
I agree with Lawrence. When I opened it I received a message that said there shouldn't be duplicate vertices and there were at (22.7 5.97) 5 times and (21.7 5.97) 3 times ... not sure if this is the culprit, but could be....

bergerud
04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I certainly does have to do with the double vertex. It is a bug of some sort which LHR may want to look at.

stanv77
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ton80

You might try to delete the vectors that have the undesired vector. Then pick the other side of the vector line and mirror. If you do this the extra line goes away.
I hope I have explained this right. Good Luck.

Stanv77

gregsolano
04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
It appeared to me that the lines were doubled on top of each other. I deleted the doubled lines then re drew and connected them to allow for one continuous line. I connected the vertex's and added the bit and that solved the issue.

lawrence
04-10-2013, 11:32 AM
well done greg!

Lawrence

SteveNelson46
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I deleted the duplicate vertices and joined the two halves of each figure. Then deleted the vertices where they joined to get a straight line.

Ton80
04-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Just getting home and see some of you have been working on solving this. Not sure what you mean by the double vertex but I didn't get any messages when I open the file. I have not updated to the latest version of Designer which I should... I'm 2 versions behind I think.

Joining them together would be fine but I am splitting this pattern across a set of cabinet doors so it needs to be two separate files because Designer does not work well with over hanging vector carves off a board. It causes all sorts of issue and the only way I have solved it is to break any artwork into a left door and a right door file.

EDIT.. I see what you meant now. I just opened the file and it's hard to tell but I had placed some additional vertexes on that last point. I was trying to end it with a double click and must have placed the extras accidentally. Deleting the extras did remove that problem vector line shooting up to the corner of the board. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ton80
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I certainly does have to do with the double vertex. It is a bug of some sort which LHR may want to look at.

Yup. That is exactly what was causing my problem. I didn't even realize I had an extra vertex point placed there since there is no indication of such on a connected line vector. Does look like a bug that needs swatting ;)