PDA

View Full Version : An update

Ike
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Lol not that I was missed, but thought I would let everybody know what's going on with ol' Ike! Well the end of last month the wife and I ended escrow on our house after a year being on the market. We almost gave it away, but made a little money! Moved to the Sacramento area Rescue to exact at my parent's house. My wife has been living with them almost a year and we were apart for 15 months. All our stuff is in storage and my shop in my dad's trailer.

Coming from a buyer's market to a seller's market threw us off guard! We have made at 20 offers and looked at close to 75 houses. The asking price for a house $190,000 and sells for $215,000! Every house the same one worth $175,000 sells for $200,000 to investors with the extra cash! My realtor is an old friend I have known since we were 12! I fired one realtor my wife was in contact with we asked her to show us house and offered a couple hours one day and then next week another day.....GONE! If she was that busy she was too busy for us!

So I am shop less, homeless and living with my folks! We do have 2 offers we are waiting to see what happens! Well miss you guys take care

Ike

lawrence
04-09-2013, 08:40 PM
You've definitely been missed around here Ike! Thanks for the update and please know that you've got a home here... shop or no shop

Lawrence

Capt Bruce
04-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Good to hear from you Ike even if you're dealing with that sellers' market and deprived of your shop to work off the frustration. We wish you good fortune and a new home soon. Sounds like you're at least in market that will have cash for beautiful carvings.

lynnfrwd
04-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Ike!! Missed you, buddy! Glad to see you back on the forum.

Thanks for the update. We are all wishing you the best. Know you're always welcome. Carving not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwharris
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Ike,

Thanks for letting us know what has been going on. Great to hear you found a buyer for your house and now finally with the wife. Ya that housing market sure has screwed a lot of people.

spalted
04-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Hello Ike,

I haven't been here much the last couple years, but I've been hanging around again lately.

I was watching for you here and didn't see you around.
I don't know if you recall, but you helped me out a bunch a couple years back. Glad to hear you doing well. Moving always sucks, but you'll be settled in again soon.

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Ike,

Good to hear from you !!! Heck, even I live with my Step Father.... After my Mom passed away I was asked to come home from Philly 3 hours away. Sold my house for a profit and I have been home for almost 10 years.... Don't have a Pot to Tinkle in... But that is OK... WE are both happy.... I am the Head Bottle Washer and Cook...

Good luck with your Adventure getting your place and a Shop Setup. Enjoy the time with Family... I DO...

AL

TerryT
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
As a matter of fact Ike, I was just thinking about you today!! Glad to see you stop in and thanks for the update. That had to be tough not being able to be with the wife. Hope everything is back to normal soon.

Gary Koval
04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Ike,
Sorry for your shortcomings, things will improve, they always do for people as resourceful as you and you're wife. Keep your chin up.
Gary

Ike
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks all lol I don't think I am having short comings, but for sure having frustrations making offer of $210,000 for a house the seller asks $190,000 and being out bid! For every house we bid on! Yes though I am with my wife after almost a year and a half! I really appreciate my folks letting us stay with for the last few years my kids has lived with them a couple different times with my grand kids! So looking for a 3 car garage for our Firebird and my shop. However it will be most likely a 2 car garage and back to moving a car to work in the shop!

Again I appreciate all the replies! I will try to visit more often!

Ike

rcdages
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Hello Ike,

I like Terry for what ever the reason thinking about you and your family.

Hope all gets better for you and your wife very very soon.

I know that all of us miss your input on the forum.

Stay in touch.

dbfletcher
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Ike,

Just wanted to say Hi as well. Im not really an active member here anymore, but I do try to stay up to date on whatever one else is doing. It is great to hear from you.

henry1
04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
nice to see you back Ike all the best to you and good luck

Ike
04-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow it great to have forums friends like I do in here! Thank you, Lawrence, Capt. Bruce, Connie, Floyd, spalted (of course I remember, anytime I can help just ask!) Big Al, Terry and Gary, Robert, Doug and Henry! You guys are great and I feel so welcomed! We are hoping to hear good news tomorrow about a house and if so we move again! All our stuff in a 10' by 25' storage unit and a 7' by 16' cargo trailer with my shop in a little smaller house well 300 square foot less! But we have room for my late 1800 early 1900 cherry pool table!

If not this house we will find one we have an offer on another home and every offer there is room for the pool table! Can't wait to have a garden again that the deer don't eat all the veggies! Plus I get to see my 3 sons and their wives and youngest girlfriend. My 2 grand daughters from my oldest son, my grandson from my middle I get to several times a week! My youngest is 20 so no kids! Not to mention I see my folks daily since they are letting us live with them! But the best is being back with my wife since we have been apart for almost a year and a half! With the house being on the market and the wife working in Sacramento. It was tough seeing her once or twice a month, but it is our 29th year anniversary this Oct. and almost 33 years together!

Thanks again all!!!

Ike

TerryT
04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Ike, it's time you got a break. I'm gonna use my considerable influence with the cosmos and see to it that you and the family have nuthin but good stuff for a while. Enjoy being with the family my friend.

rcdages
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Ike,

Here is hoping for one of the houses to come to you.

Stay in touch and keep us posted.

The very best to you and your family.

Ike
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Ike, it's time you got a break. I'm gonna use my considerable influence with the cosmos and see to it that you and the family have nuthin but good stuff for a while. Enjoy being with the family my friend.

Lol thanks Terry and you too Robert! We were told about a house by a co worker of my wife and we saw it at an open house. Talked to the owner who is somebody I worked with years ago. Talked to her for over 20 minutes. She had to sell her house as a short sell and yesterday reviewed all the offers. Sounds great huh? Someone we know a good friend of her works with my wife and a short sell that she is losing money. The house appraised for around $175,000 and they were asking $180,000, So we offered $185,000 feeling pretty good it would appraise for the $185,000. The owners realtor even said when he put it on the market it was below $180,000. Well we came in second they went with an offer of $195,000 knowing our offer would most likely appraise for the $185,000. They are hoping it might appraise for $15,000 more! If not they will go with us!

This is a short sell that takes a longer escrow and hoping a house worth $175,000 today will appraise for $20,000 over. Plus our offer will probably appraise because of the time in escrow they go for the unsure bid! This is a 1258 sq foot house and is move in ready and all original cabinets, carpet etc. All in great shape!

So Terry work your magic!!!

Ike

SharonB
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed things go your way on this house. It's about time your number came up.

Ike
04-13-2013, 10:43 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed things go your way on this house. It's about time your number came up.

So true Sharon so true!!! Well we made 2 more offers today on a couple homes. Both remodeled, one about 1250 sq ft and nice front and back yard. The other almost 1500 sq ft and a small front and back yard that needs lots of work, but has room for our pool table and a living room and a formal dining room. Both homes have larger 2 car garages. The smaller one is listed for $190,500 and comps for only around $140,000 or a bit more. It was bought by a company for $93,000 and they did a great remodel job, but not almost 100 grand worth! We offered $160,000 and that may be still too high? Then the larger home is listed for $160,000 and we offered $180,000 which we are comfortable it appraise for what we offered. The funny thing the 2 houses are only a mile or so away from each other. Yet the size and what has sold in the areas each house sits makes the difference of cost!

So please pray for us and Terry do your magic!

Ike

Capt Bruce
04-14-2013, 07:43 AM
We're all pulling for you Ike!