PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl sign completed ...

Ron Smith
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Here is the sign from the other thread that I completed finishing today. This one took a lot of time to paint by hand. I was pleased with the way it came out, except I didn't quite get it centered on the board in Designer. I should have used the centering tool along with the toggle lines. I do have a confession to make ... when you go to make your sign ... always, always check the content several times before cutting. I cut one out before this that had "Super Bowl XVI" instead of "Super Bowl XLI" so I had to go back to Designer, fix it and recarve. That cost me a good piece of red oak, plus over 4 hours carving time. But now I have a constant reminder, for what that's worth. But all in all, I think my brother will appreciate the gesture. It's the only way I can get him to have something for my team (DA BEARS) in his den. Thanks for looking.

Ron

dpowli
02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks Great !

Dan-Woodman
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey Ron
Funny thing about computers , they only do what we tell them,huh?

usnavybm
02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey Ron, here's one I am working on for my father-in-law who is a huge Colts fan. When I started the project, my traction belt broke so this is just my carvewright designer pic of what it will look like. You can use this if you want. I was going to cut the corners and rout the edge after the carving was done. I like your ideas on your too...got my mind working! Great job!

Delmar