PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Beziers

radman5506
04-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello Everyone, I am trying to create a sunflower for my wife. I got the shape of one of the petals but I can not figure out a way to rotate the copies. I have 2D and 3D advanced but they do not seem to help. Can this be done without having to draw each individual petal. Any help will be appreciated. 61445

bergerud
04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
You can make it into a pattern and then rotate the patterns by swinging the bars at the center. I gave it a try. (I made my own petal since I cannot make a patten out of someone elses work.)

radman5506
04-08-2013, 05:16 AM
bergerud as always you are helpful. What you created is the effect I am trying to make. I knew in the back of my mind what must be done to accomplish what I wanted just could not remember how. I am either having a "part timers" moment or a "use it or lose it" moment, I have made a pattern from a vector before but do not remember how I did it. Selecting the object does not activate the pattern creation button. The software manual only talks about creating patterns out of other patterns or from imported images. I do not try to remember all the information I am exposed to but instead try to remember where to find the information, I do not remember where to look. I can make the drawing in Corel or AutoCAD and bring it in but it would be easier to make in designer without the extra steps. Having radial array would also help a lot. So if you could share how you made the pattern or perhaps tell me where to look for the how to information I would appreciate it . Thanks, Tom

badbert
04-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Right click on the component and select group. Add other components you want included. Then right click on the group and select make pattern.

radman5506
04-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Thank You Bert, that did it. This is how it turned out.