PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft assembly

reeniewhalen
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Having owned the machine for less than two months, the tip of the cable which connects to the cutting truck snapped off clean for some unknown reason halfway through a project. As before every project i check the cable end and i always keep an eye on the temperature of the flex shaft using a laser temperature gun and it was well under the warning temperature which is quoted, so wasnt expecting it to do nothing except do what it is suppose to do which is rotate the cutting bit in 1/4" graduations which is what i had it set at.
Don't they just do the cable instead of the whole assembly, and wondered if its covered by the warranty?

Digitalwoodshop
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear your machine is down.... Worth a call to LHR on Monday... Not sure the current policy on buying a flex core? But I do not believe the Flex covered by the Warranty.

A close and focused picture would be good to see.

AL

reeniewhalen
04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Lo and behold, now the cut motor has given up the ghost. This is all i need! BTW this machine is meticulously maintained as they require you to do.
I done the self test through the options menu and it says the motor is running, which it is not doing. If this is going to do this all the time, and with only 42hours on the motor, i will be passing this on. Over 2,000 spent on this is rediculous.

spalted
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Hang in there, I had a bit of trouble in the beginning as well. But things smooth out after while.

I'm not the best one to troubleshoot for you, I'm more moral support than tech support.

Someone else will be around soon, or give LHR a call on Monday. They have always been quick and very helpful.