PDA

View Full Version : Following a curve with the drill tool

sjwilson57
04-05-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to make a Cribbage board with 3 rows of 120 holes. I want to have the holes follow an arc when the rows turn. This is the only way I can get all of the holes within the area on the board. Can anyone tell me how I can follow an arc with holes and keep them at a consistent spacing as they turn. A cribbage board usually has groups of 5 holes.

I have started a project, but wish I could create an arc and have the holes snap to a specific spacing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

bergerud
04-06-2013, 02:15 AM
I have never made a cribbage board before. Are these the kind of corner holes you need?

I know of no way to make drill holes follow a curve. I just used the snap to grid for the vertical and horizontal holes and then manually placed the 45 degree holes.

(I note that many of your drill holes are duplicated. Are you using a 1/4" snap grid to line up the holes?)

sjwilson57
04-06-2013, 10:40 AM
bergerud,

You da Man! Thanks for the help, this is working great. I love the Carvewright as a newbie, but as I learn new things from Members like you, I love it even more.

Thanks again,

Steve

stanv77
04-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hello Steve

That is the way to drill the holes around the radius but I think you will have to add group of holes in the straight part of the crib board or put 2 groups around the radius.
Their should be 120 holes per track.

DickB
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
You can also draw tangent lines at specified angles to locate holes. Turn perspective off.