PDA

View Full Version : Front Roller - (Sensor) Not Compressing!

Toddrow
04-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello,

I finally had time in class to get the CarveWright out and after I figured out the software licensing/registration, I thought it would be a good time to carve some boards. Well, the error message that I received was, "Please load board." I checked/cleaned the Board Sensor - It's ok. Then I checked the compression rollers. The Rear one Compresses and Releases but the Front Roller always says it stays released. That's even with me holding up on it to make it have the clicking noise which should engage the sensor. I tried using compressed air like in one of the instructional videos but it still says the same thing.

Any help or recommendations on what I should do would be great.

Thanks,
Todd C.

ladjr
04-04-2013, 02:42 PM
It sounds like the switch. You can test the switch or since the rear one is working witch and see if problem changes rollers. Also check that there is nothing blocking the switch.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

Digitalwoodshop
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Picture 3 shows the roller dropped, machine is on it's side. The Switch tang is in the slot and released.

So to show Compressed, the Switch tang needs to be pushed in toward the keypad. So it is mechanical or electrical... As in dirty or bent contacts. You will need to remove the Keyboard side. Being EXTRA careful to not RIP the Keypad Wires... I am betting on a possible broken off wire or dirty switch.

Good Luck,

AL

Toddrow
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Update: Thanks for the replies so far. I took the keyboard side of the machine apart like was suggested in the forums. I can flip the tang but it still says that the roller is released. However, after playing with the switch for a bit, the sensor now says compressed at all times. I have to look at it again when I have more than 10 minutes. I need to see if it's mechanical or electrical. How do I get the sensor away from the machine so I can see if it's dirty or not?

henry1
04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Like al said you have to take it apart were the 2 screws hold the roller up in place

Toddrow
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
I got the sensor out. The sensor is bad. When I would push the tang to the rear, it would not change unless I physically squeezed the sensor housing which leads me to believe it's something loose inside. Can I replace just the white part of the sensor, or do I need to do the red and brown wire along with the white sensor?

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I would call LHR and order a new switch. Not sure if it is still under warranty.

AL