PDA

View Full Version : Cannot measure board

Greg
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Just got the machine, and can't even put bit to board yet.

When trying to measure the board it works fine measuring the width. When trying to measure the length, it finds one side just fine, (the back of the board) but when it tries to find the other end, it just keeps rolling the board until it falls out of the machine (on the back side).

It says something like "Front roller stuck"

Anybody have experience with this? It all appears to be a problem with the front roller sensor because when we run a sensor test with nothing in the machine it thinks the front roller is compressed until we flip the release lever.

The Bard
02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
might be a pressure problem too.

put a bathroom scale under both rollers and crank down.

pressure should be 75-85lbs.

If not, call me tomorrow to help fix.

pine acres woodshop
02-08-2007, 04:39 AM
I had an issue like that but with the back roller, I raised the machine up and with my hand I pushed up on the back roller a couple of times with a little force and it came unstuck. Yours might have become stuck in shipping from being jared around, ya never know, try smacking up on the front roller a couple of times, that might free it up. I believe my issue evoled from blowing out the machine with the rollers compressed, saw dust was getting in under the roller and preventing it from releasing, so now I don't blow out the machine untill I raise the head, I also leave the bit in untill I am finished blowing. When i"m about finished blowing I raise the rollers up with my hand and I blow into the support chanels of the rollers making sure they are clean. I haven't had that issue since. Hope this helps.

good luck,

Mark

Charles M
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Do you have the rollers adjusted so that they support the wood on both infeed and outfeed ends? How long was the board?

Greg
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
We fixed the problem after about an hour of searching. It appears that the switch to the front roller which tells the machine whether or not a board is present was not plugged in well. We secured the wires to the switch, and voila, it was working.

We also found a quick and dirty fix for the head being cranked too high and jamming. We took off the side opposite the handle, and on the crankshaft there are small holes about a quarter of the way up. We turned that slightly while trying to turn the handle and it broke free.

pine acres woodshop
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
There ya go that will do it.

Good luck,

Mark

Ron Baird
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
If all else fails read the manual!!!!!