PDA

View Full Version : Thx Floyd ...

ktjwilliams
04-02-2013, 12:17 PM
The other morning I was chatting with Floyd on Facebook when I asked " CAN I PICK YOUR BRAIN FOR A SECOND "... So he says of course !!! So I asked about a problem I just started having with my machine.. I said Floyd, whenever my machine has to do an operation where the bit has to touch that slide plate, such as drilling or cutting, everything goes smooth up til the bit touches that plate... As soon as the bit touches that plate, I get a stall... Floyd says Kevin check behind the brass roller where the bit touches down and see if there's a hole, cause the bit is still spinning sometimes when it touches down over there... Then he says if there's a hole I need to tape a piece of metal or something over it... So after we finish bullshitting, I go and take a look where Floyd said, and sure enough there's a hole drilled through... Goddamn Floyd he hit the problem on his first idea.... So there's not much room to work down there, so I tried to come up with something where I would have to take it apart... So finally after a few minutes of thinking I said, Self use a nail and stick it in the hole.. So I clipped the head off a nail leaving just a little bit of the shank.. With some tweezers I placed the nail in the hole and put a piece of Gorilla tape over the head so it don't shake loose.... Put a board in the machine with just a drill and cut MPC and gave it a go.... The machine was fixed !!!!! So again,,, Thx Floyd...

fwharris
04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Kevin,

Your very welcome sir and sure glad that was your issue! Just passing on what I have learned here!!!:D