PDA

View Full Version : another z-axis problem

rickyz
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
well, it looks like I will be calling cw in the morning. I have about 5 hours on the compucarve and it has been doing very well. All of the problems I have been having have been user error and the learning curve on the software to get the machine to do what I want it to do. A couple of days ago, I noticed that a carving I did seemed to cut low at first, then higher then lower again. Now today I was trying again and I noticed the bit was trying to carve about one inch above the surface of the wood. I checked out the machine and there doesn't seem to be anything loose, stuck or anything like that. I need to get this figured out before the wife makes me take it back. I have checked the forums so I guess I will just have to wait to call.

rickyz
02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I took the black cover off and I looked at the little ribbon and it looks like it is chewed up a bit. how this happened is beyond me. Hope cw can help me with this and get me up and running quickly.

rickyz
03-21-2007, 07:50 PM
ok, after calling carvewright, I got a hold of someone that said the machine needed to be sent in to have the ribbon replaced and that he would send me a shipping label. Waited about a week after not recieving anything by mail, fax, or e-mail I called again. Spoke with a woman who e-mailed me a shipping label since nothing had been done when I called before. Finally shipped the machine back and after about 2 weeks called cw again to find out the status of my machine. Told they were waiting on parts. Called about a week and a half later and said my machine was being sent out that day. Couldn't wait to get the cw back and finally start working. I set it up today to start a project and I get another z-axis stall error 246 message. The bit moves about 1/4 of an inch before this error shows. up. I am sure you can understand my frustration but it seems to me that this is too delicate of a machine to be in an average woodworkers shop. Which of course is the target demographic they seem to be going for. Was the machine tested? was it checked? were the parts just replaced? who knows, I have no paperwork as to what was done. It's like they just put it back in the box and said here you go. I understand that this is new technology and so forth but this is rediculous. Thanks for letting me vent. I will call cw tomorrow and see what happens. Otherwise I will be returning this pos.
great machine if it only worked.

RC Woodworks
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Ricky, I sent you a PM please take a look at it

rickyz
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
well, before calling cw today I figured that I would try upgrading my version from 1.15 to 1.20 and can you believe it? It worked!! Either that or the stars and the moon are in perfect alignment for this thing to work. I will take it either way. let's see how long she lasts.