PDA

View Full Version : Designer adds craters at ends of scanned pattern

ronboley
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
I've scanned part of the edge carving of the leave of a 100 year old table into the pattern editor. The pattern looks correct on the pattern editor screen, but when it's imported into the designer software to place it on a virtual "board" the software adds two "craters" at the ends of the pattern (?) These craters are carved into the virtual board and carve right into the real board. I've looked for a way to get rid of these craters in designer to no avail and they dont show up in the pattern editor so ???? Anyone got any ideas?

RogerB
03-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Try going back into pattern editer zoom in on spot and edit.If that dose not work try adding a zero carve on top of it and go from there.

badbert
03-28-2013, 08:29 PM
There are unseen anomalies surrounding the scan. And a white Halo. When you import the file notice the slider up/down. Click the down arrow a few times. This will eliminate the anomalies and the Halo.

gregsolano
03-28-2013, 10:05 PM
You may want to adjust the feather, depth and bit optimization but here is a cleaned up version of your scan.

ronboley
03-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Wow! Thanks for the (quick) responses! I'll try these suggestions...and not double post in the future...just wasn't sure which subject his fell into.
This my first "real" project for the carving machine after having the machine for several years...a rebuilding and extension of a rather large antique dinning table with lots of "old" carving to duplicate. So now learning to build sleds, scan, use pattern editor and designer, machine repairs (front roller not releasing) etc....a lot to learn on one project. Thanks again!