PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks

Geomoo1
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Just joined the Forum today and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have had my model C for about three weeks now and haven't been able to complete a single project. I initially had a faulty memory card. That's been replaced and now I keep getting a Y-Axis Stall ERR05 - 0303. Haven't been able to clear it up yet, but I'll keep trying.

fwharris
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Howdy back at ya and welcome to the forum!

At what stage in the process are you getting the Y stall error. The more information you gives the better we can help you through it...

liblakelady
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Just joined the Forum today and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have had my model C for about three weeks now and haven't been able to complete a single project. I initially had a faulty memory card. That's been replaced and now I keep getting a Y-Axis Stall ERR05 - 0303. Haven't been able to clear it up yet, but I'll keep trying.

I can relate. I have 4 hours on my machine and working out the kinks and operator error. I will say when that first project comes out, it will all be worth it. The guys and gals on this forum are a wealth of knowledge. Keep reading the posts and get to know these people. They will help you.

RogerB
03-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the form.Take the time to read the tips and tricks and the video's the are great.:D

b.sumner47
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome Aboard! You 're in for lots of fun. Capt Barry

bergerud
03-28-2013, 08:44 PM

With the machine off, move the carriage back and forth by hand. Does it feel smooth? Do you hear any noises from the motor drive on the left?

It is a shame that we are going into a long weekend and help from the Carvewright people will have to wait until Monday.

lynnfrwd
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Im here as much as I can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floridacarver
03-28-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/troubleshooting-guide/troubleshooting-the-carvewright/#random_axis_stalls Here's a link to the troubleshooting guide that may assist in resolving your Y-Axis Stall ERR05. At what point in the process are you getting the error?

Capt Bruce
03-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Welcome Aboard and to be sure we'll help you through this even though CarveWright is closed for the weekend. You're surrounded by very helpful fellow Carvers. And our unofficial Den Mother Lynnfrwd (CarveWright) is right here too. Again welcome!

TerryT
03-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Geomoo1
03-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. The Y-Axis problem is solved. I was originally using a 25' 12ga. extension chord and Israel (CarveWright Tech) suggested plugging straight to outlet and that fixed it. I am now having problems with the designer software. Every time I try to upload a pattern, at about 1/3 into upload, the program freezes and I have to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the program. I also can't access the memory card thru Flash Manager. I am running Window 7 Home Premium and designer 1.186 build 10507. I can do every thing else in the program as long as I don't try to access the memory card. Luckily every thing works great with my laptop so I at least can still get some carving done. I have a sneaking suspicion that the problem may be the USB ports on my desktop since the laptop works great. Thanks again folks and I'm proud to finally be a member of the CarveWright family of owners. Been wanting one for a while now and finally got it.

ladjr
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Can you reformat the card

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

lynnfrwd
03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Yep. Under File

lynnfrwd
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
Oh, sorry Leo. I didn't realize you were asking someone to do that.

Geomoo1
03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Can you reformat the card

Leo
Life is to short carve something today
Leo, Thanks for your reply. I can't even access the card from my desktop computer and besides I don't think it is the card because everything works perfectly when using my laptop. I have a spare card and writer that works/doesn't work the same way with the desktop. As I stated in my previous post I think it is probably a problem with my desktop usb ports since it does work with the laptop. Although I don't understand why the usb would cause the program to freeze (not respond) while uploading unless maybe it is just waiting for a response that it isn't getting thru the faulty port.

cestout
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
In the phone company where (I am now retired) we used to roll components to shoot trouble. I use that method now, recently proving the cut motor (bad internal connection - now fixed) was the problem e with my older B machine. You have effectively don that. Works on the lap-top but not the desktop - trouble is not the card, the reader, or the software. How old is the desktop. I don't know if the reader requires a 2.0 or higher USB, and may not work with the older 1.0. But you have Win 7, so Your computer must not be that old. Try something else in that USB slot, but that has to be the problem.

Geomoo1
03-31-2013, 04:38 PM
In the phone company where (I am now retired) we used to roll components to shoot trouble. I use that method now, recently proving the cut motor (bad internal connection - now fixed) was the problem e with my older B machine. You have effectively don that. Works on the lap-top but not the desktop - trouble is not the card, the reader, or the software. How old is the desktop. I don't know if the reader requires a 2.0 or higher USB, and may not work with the older 1.0. But you have Win 7, so Your computer must not be that old. Try something else in that USB slot, but that has to be the problem.
Yeah. I retired from Western Electric (Lucent) and that is SOP for trouble shooting along with divide and conquer. The desktop is about a year old and usb is 2.0. For the most part the ports seem to work with anything else I plug in them. I have even tried switching to the back ports. Windows has been acting weird lately on the desktop, so maybe it's an OS problem. I'll probably never know.

TerryT
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Geomoo1,
If you have USB ports both front and rear of the machine try plugging into the opposite one (i.e. if you are plugging into the front... try the rear). I have heard of some folks with this problem that solved it that way.

dltccf
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah. I retired from Western Electric (Lucent) and that is SOP for trouble shooting along with divide and conquer. The desktop is about a year old and usb is 2.0. For the most part the ports seem to work with anything else I plug in them. I have even tried switching to the back ports. Windows has been acting weird lately on the desktop, so maybe it's an OS problem. I'll probably never know.

Another phone company guy here, Started with C&P telephone 28 years ago, now part of Verizon.

dave