View Full Version : Another couple issues solved before calling tech support.

02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, so I had the Z axis issue eariler today. Problem solved as noted in my other post.

I also would like to post that I have had a couple other issues with the computer/software end. Nothing serious, but I think others may have seen these issues and might be worth mentioning the fixes that I have found to work every time.

First.... Memory card issues. On several occasions I have had an error with the card. Either the designer not wanting to upload to it, or getting out to the carver and getting a message that there are no designs found on the card.

For each of these, simply formating the card and re-uploading the design has worked every time.

Second.. The metal flip out piece for bit loading. This has only happened to me once, but the flip out plate didn't flip out far enough for the bit to make contact with. The flipper seemed to opperate properly and without resistance, so the best I could figure was that the head of the machine wasn't traveling far enough. Simply turning the machine off and unplugging it, then plugging it back in and turning it on seems to have solved that issue right away.

Again...... just sharing personal experiences.

02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, noeeeessss! This seems to be a common problem, one which I have been afflicted with for a month now - with no resolve yet. You might want to download and read the bit plate adjust PDF in this thread:


Hope this helps. I'm going to go home tonight and carefully clean every rail in sight in my machine. Then I am going to put a dab of bike chain lube (wax) on the bit plate where it contacts the Z truck. I've tried everything else.

02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Bike chain wax is designed to stay in place and not pick up crud so it is ideal, IMHO, for this application. It seems have done the trick for me.