PDA

View Full Version : a large carve

aokweld101
03-26-2013, 09:06 AM
I have been trying to experiment with my programs to learn a little more, I have a two sided carve to make a big sign and to make it wider than the 14.5 would someone do a prove read and see if I'm doing it right or what I'm doing wrong. I would really thank you for your help.

DickB
03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Top and bottom are of the same half.

b.sumner47
03-26-2013, 12:38 PM
I received the same as Dick B. Capt Barry

RogerB
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
For this type of carve all you have to do is use rotate 180 this will give you two carves top and bottom.

aokweld101
03-26-2013, 08:19 PM
thanks, and I'll try again, and ask if I'm it right or wrong.

aokweld101
03-26-2013, 08:52 PM
all right here's my next attempt ...gosh I hope I hit buttons right

aokweld101
03-27-2013, 09:20 AM
this has been put on the back burner, could someone tell me if I am right or wrong ....I really really thank you for your help.

jlovchik
03-27-2013, 10:49 AM
For the most part these are setup fine. The only thing I would do is make a small overlap on each side just so you have that little extra to work with when seaming it together. I will usually trim down on the table saw until I have a perfect seam. It isn't absolutely required to do this, but if you don't you will want to turn off the feather. The software only looks at what is on the board as the pattern and can wrap the feather around to the cut off edge if your board is even slightly larger than what your board size is on the computer.

After looking at the files though, there are other things that concern me more. First, the image seems to have a dotted line going through it's vertical and horizontal center axes. Those dotted lines are going to carve as little dotted spikes. Not sure that you want that. Also, the image seems to be pretty low resolution. You can see the squared pixelization in many places in the image. I would look for a higher resolution image without the dotted lines before proceeding. Hope this information helps.

One more thing...for doing things this size it is ideal to use the 3/16" carving bit; speeds it up a lot. You may also consider using pink or blue insulation foam from your local box store; it's cheaper, carves smooth and gives more flexibility in cleaning up the carve. NOTE: a good dust collection system is advised.