PDA

View Full Version : sharing/ found a lil secret for eps files..

GIZMO1D1
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
gone..all file have been removed for bob

bobreda
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
GIZMO1D1 ,

Are your eps files in vector fromant or bitmap?

Bob

IM2HAPPI
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks,
The second one throught the boat pics would not open for me, the rest did though. I can see where they could be worked with in some programs like CD for 3 d effect. Sometimes just getting the basic get ya started. What do you have in wildlife ?

bobreda
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
GIZMO1D1,
The boating ones are in vector format. I could use both, the bmp for the carvewrigh and the vector for the shopbot. Also, its easier to play with a vector format, change size and such and not lose any value compared to bmp.

Bob

menewfy
02-07-2007, 04:46 PM
giz these are great i have only looked at two but so far it is easier that trying to seperate objects and all that I am not great with the pc so I like anything straight forward.

thanks

IM2HAPPI
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Than my photoshop should open the boat ones than
Thank Giz

newcarver
02-07-2007, 06:26 PM
From what i've seen, what i do is open adobe photoshop 7 and convert pic to greyscale then invert if needed. The boat fisher pic is a good example.
I've been opening eps files with adobe illustrator, then save for web as jpegs, then oper with either photoshop or imageready. It would be great if you could send me any wildlike or fantasy pics like the bass.
Thanks and glad to see your having fun.

Bill
02-07-2007, 07:21 PM
boat.gif

IM2HAPPI
02-08-2007, 02:09 AM
After watching Jon Jantz's avi will be fun getting these to look 3d. Of course he makes it look so easy. Hey Giz, got and Enlish Springer Spaniels ? 1 or 2 not 320 lol

bobreda
02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
GIZMO1D1,

If you uploaded all those files, where they go?? Just wondering.
The boat ones where great, I have to clean up the sppedboats on the ends, they have a bunch of loops in them somewhere.

Bob

pkunk
02-08-2007, 01:41 PM
If these are truely useful and you all want one, I'll create a sticky here just for them.

Autodoc
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
If these are truely useful and you all want one, I'll create a sticky here just for them.

Make it so number 1 :D

I too have a lot of eps designs that were given to me --- was never really sure what to do with them -- now Ii may be getting ideas :idea:

IM2HAPPI
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks, I vote for it :D

WFBill
02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
If you don't mine I'd like a few of any thing you want to send up.

menewfy
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey gizmo got any of cars or trucks?

Kenm810
02-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Count another vote here – What a great forum – As I think The Bard would say, can you feel the luv

Ken
Better late then Never

James RS
02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Here's one I have it was vectorized from a photo saved as a eps and I resaved it as a jpeg.

enjoy

BobHill
02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Giz,

EPS used to be the native format for Adobe's Illustrator, but it's now PDF. However, EPS is still available to be opened in any Adobe product including PhotoShop and PhotoShop Elements and CorelDraw as well (all versions). And that includes both raster and vector EPS files.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Gman_Ind
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Anything with pool, darts, poker etc game room themed?
Do you have server space with your ISP? save to a file share server and post links here, just don't use rapidshare, they are annoying!

BoardSilly
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Giz,

Send me your IP address in a PM and I'll give you access to an FTP server I have online here. You can upload all your files that you want to share and I'll make them available to everyone via web links. No limit on size that way.

bobreda
02-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey Giz,

I'll take all the vector eps files you have. Let me know how.

Thanks
Bob

BobHill
02-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Giz,

Not to put a dampener on your idea, but aren't these clipart pieces you are offering wholesale copyrighted? If they come with a program that you have, they probably are only licensed for YOUR use and if you didn't purchase it, well..... I seem to have a lot of what appears to match your eps files, and those came from Adobe products. What you do isn't really of concern to me, but for the forum to be offering them (even indirectly) could cause some trouble.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

GIZMO1D1
02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
i wasent aware of that... humm..?

ok the giz is done sharing

GIZMO1D1
02-25-2007, 09:33 AM
ok...i removed all my sharing.. deleted /gone!

bobreda
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Not to put a damper on anyone or anything, but when someone asks for a pattern, then technically, if you didn't design it you shouldn't be giving it out.
I know there is a difference for personal or professional use but thats our interpatation of it. There is a lot of free stuff on the web, however when we ask for something we don't know if it is free or off some software program. Just a thought to ponder.

Bob

GIZMO1D1
02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
ok....ok...... ive removed all my stuff..

sorry ive wasted my time to share stuff... to all the folks that have shared with me via email and to all that i have sent tons of stuff to.. KEEP IN TOUCH!,,via email,,

thanks

ps seems to me even sharing anything you made with cw would fall in this catagory / being that the files are here,,and some people my not own the machine... hummm??

BoardSilly
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Not to put a damper on anyone or anything, but when someone asks for a pattern, then technically, if you didn't design it you shouldn't be giving it out.

Well, if you want to go that route, then anything that you are not the original creating artist of cannot be converted into a ptn and shared with anyone else. Unless of course you have a license to do so from the original artist, this includes all those "free" images on the web. I guess I'll go pull all the stuff I've shared on here also, since I converted them to ptn's but was not the original creating artist of the image used to create the ptn. I would venture a guess that this issue will pretty much eliminate all sharing of ptn's on here. Unless of course the original artist of the image turns it into a ptn and shares it. There goes the pattern sharing forum. Darn shame when you consider how many people looking to purchase the CW for their own personal home use are not graphic artists and are unable to create their own ptn's.

GIZMO1D1
02-25-2007, 04:51 PM
i agree /boardsilly!

gezzz,,,its not like were a company making money off sharing what we have..
we all seem to be some type of craftsman and or good with are hands and like to build things.. for cryn out loud someone needs to relax a bit..

so from what i understand now/ alot of us will not share:there goes that ideal/... and anything like you said that ,was not made my the person himself posting it will be a problem,,,//

theres just so much more wrong things in this world,,,

follow up.///i just bought a web domin and im in the process of putting it together,, for those of you that arent so uptight, join us.. (email me for info) gizmo1d1@aol.com /selected folks will be allowed.. its gonna take me some time to put it all together with all the wonderful pictures im gonna share free!!! but im tyn to have alot of things for ya set up by the end of the week,,

warning: you must own the disks and have permission to use the files there!
this will be password protected.. /right click and save file as ( whatever your heart desires),, i had to say that.

anger turns my mind on!

newcarver
02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
The whole sharing of files that might get anyone into trouble is being taken a little to far. The whole point is if you sell the stuff with a copyrighted image, you may be possibly checked into, the angel pattern was probably not created by someone at CW...
Lets just all think about anything you've shared or used in your life off the net. Wallpaper, programs, music. We are all probably guilty of this at some time or another. If your not, well good for you. Lets not point fingers.
Just my opinion,
not a complaint.

bobreda
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
My reply was in reference to Mr Hill response. Carried out to the extreme, my statement would have to be correct. Is it pratical? no. When someone is looking for a file if I have it he or she gets it. How many pic are copied of the net with no regards to copywrite laws. Thats the chances we take when we put something out there on the net for all the world to see. Even when one puts up a web site it is very easy to copy the entire site. Don't agree-- next time you are on a web site right click and hit view source. There is all the html on that site .

BoardSilly
02-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Lets not forget that moulding designs, hand carvings, and all those other wonderfully designed things that are perfect for using the scanning probe on to duplicate are also copyrighted. Seems that the probe is sold as a tool whose purpose is to violate copyrights, I'd be just as concerned with that as I would be with an image on the forum. I mean after all, if you designed it you wouldn't need the probe to copy it would you?

Jeff_Birt
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Lets not forget that molding designs, hand carvings, and all those other wonderfully designed things that are perfect for using the scanning probe on to duplicate are also copyrighted. Seems that the probe is sold as a tool whose purpose is to violate copyrights, I'd be just as concerned with that as I would be with an image on the forum. I mean after all, if you designed it you wouldn't need the probe to copy it would you?

Interesting enough the Television industry tried to make the same claim against VCRs. There are many uses for a scanning in an existing item, to duplicate some broken trim from an old piece, to digitize some of your own hand carvings. And, let's not forget that something must be explicitly copyrighted, bot every thing is.

That being said, offering to publicly share collections of clip art which MAY be copyrighted is not a good thing and neither is getting your shorts in a wad about being questioned about it.

Folks, let's be civil, if you have a question about something along these lines please contact the OP and/or a moderator before a public inquisition. Perhaps we can spare some hurt feelings that way.

BoardSilly
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
The point of my post was to simply show that this issue can be taken as far out as you wish. Personally I could care less what someone does or does not do with an image. From a third party view, the ones who have to worry about this entire "is it or isn't it a copyright violation" are those who are using their CW to make and sell items, be it at a flea market or to shop customers. The commercial users (who incidentally are not who the machine is designed for), not the home user, are the only ones who really need to be concerned.

But as for me, I'll just avoid this whole issue and take the safe road of not posting any more ptn's of my converted images. After watching the Recording Industry fiasco for years now with lawsuits, I'll take the stance of better safe then sorry. I'd hate to have someone get upset and start an issue for me. I'll still participate all that I can here, sans ptn's.

For the new users who are 'artistically challanged' John over at Vector Art has terrific images for sale and they'll even do custom requests. Can't go wrong that way.

For more information on copyrights and what they are and are not:

http://www.whatiscopyright.org/

and

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Copyright

BobHill
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I believe my intent was as I indicated with the word "wholesale" offering (free or for sale) clipart from other sources that one receives under license. Has anyone heard of the copyright cases of such for the music folks? What has been done up to now are offerings of PTN files (which someone has done) or images that one would suppose (?) were of personal ownership that someone wishes to share. But, as an example, I've had CorelDraw since version 1.02 and that has always offered a plethora of clipart. Would it not be a problem for the CarveWright people if, to make myself popular with the folks here to offer any and all of these clipart works here? That's what I was indicating. I no longer work for Adobe, but do know, for instance that they would stop this forum in a NY minute for such to take place with their work. And that puts LHR in the boot for allowing it. Don't take this to such an extreme folks. It's not an all or nothing thing, but it certainly does mean "common" sense should be used by us all.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

BoardSilly
02-25-2007, 09:58 PM
And, let's not forget that something must be explicitly copyrighted, bot every thing is.

Not quite on target...
According to the Cornell Law School and the US Copyright Act:

"Under current law, works are covered whether or not a copyright notice is attached and whether or not the work is registered."

Gman_Ind
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I heard from a graphic artist that if you edit another work (significantly) it can become your own.
the probe will be great for making digital copies of our existing pieces and also master models can be made of anything that will withstand the probing process, add an antique coin to a ceramic knob , scan and bingo you have pattern for your wood knobs.

Buzzin
03-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I believe that if you are the owner of the original piece of art, then you also own the copy right, unless it was retained by one of the prior owners or the maker at the time of sale. If it was retained then all of the following sales of that art work would also have to disclose the prior retention of that copyright to the new buyer. That's why mass produced items have the copyright printed on them - that is your notice. So as the full owner of the original you would have full rights to copy, distribute free or even to mass produce copies of it for profit. I think the forum is great and once I get my probe I'll be using it.
Buzzin

ChipperBob
03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Where are these eps files and how can I view them?