PDA

View Full Version : Help with background

unitedcases
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
I have edited this pattern and I am very pleased with the results I got just by throwing it in the pattern editor. However I need to remove the background. When I do so using pattern editor I end up losing the white in the fist. Again, the pattern is perfect as is, just that background. What it does in the end is the machine thinks it needs to carve that entire background. Basically alot of extra traveling. Someone helped me with it one time before and they blurred it and that just doesnt really come out well. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

bergerud
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I added some stuff to close out the fist. Pick the right tolerece and it might work! (level like 15? )

eelamb
03-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Or try this one. when importing under options click once to lower background, removing it completely. Make the pattern then do what you had been doing in PE. It would be best to invert it once it is a pattern, but that lowers the lettering.

unitedcases
03-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'm sure either of them will work. I will give them a shot next chance I get. Waiting on my new motor to arrive so trying to get all projects set up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

bjbethke
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
I have edited this pattern and I am very pleased with the results I got just by throwing it in the pattern editor. However I need to remove the background. When I do so using pattern editor I end up losing the white in the fist. Again, the pattern is perfect as is, just that background. What it does in the end is the machine thinks it needs to carve that entire background. Basically alot of extra traveling. Someone helped me with it one time before and they blurred it and that just doesnt really come out well. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I have that pattern with the background removed. will this work?

gregsolano
03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Here is another take on it. Text done with designer, did not use Centerline in case you don't have it. cleaned up the fist and inverted the weapons.

SteveNelson46
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Here's another suggestion if you have the 3D Designer tools.

eelamb
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Here is something you may like, just add your text. Send me pm with email if you want it.
m-16 done by jpaluck, knife by myself. Knife will be shared with unitedcases, and on my site later on.

Edit: forgot the fist!