PDA

View Full Version : Just learning...

liblakelady
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I am new.. just finished my 3rd carving. I did one simple sign and then tried a couple of the mpc's that have been shared here. I am thankful for that. I posted the sign below facebook and several people want me to carve it for them. Im wondering if there is anything I should know before I start figuring this out. I want to carve just the sign and not the letters above. I only have the basic c machine with the 2 bits that came with it so I am limited that way too. I don't have any software upgrades either. Hoping to add all that as time and finances allow. Thanks in advance for any advise.

bjbethke
03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
I am new.. just finished my 3rd carving. I did one simple sign and then tried a couple of the mpc's that have been shared here. I am thankful for that. I posted the sign below facebook and several people want me to carve it for them. Im wondering if there is anything I should know before I start figuring this out. I want to carve just the sign and not the letters above. I only have the basic c machine with the 2 bits that came with it so I am limited that way too. I don't have any software upgrades either. Hoping to add all that as time and finances allow. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Will this work? I don't have some of the new CW software programs, I use some off market programs. If you send me a PM with your e-mail, I could send you what I do and send some PDF files to show you how.

liblakelady
03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks ever so much bj. I'll post the results tomorrow. I sent my email addy and look forward to hearing from you.

liblakelady
03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Here is the carve: thanks for all your help. It took me a bit to get it working but I think that is just beginners' learning curve. For some reason, I can carve on normal but when I change to best in the upload, I get errors at the machine.

fwharris
03-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Carve came out great!

Please give more details of what the machine is displaying?

chebytrk
03-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Very Nice! You're on your way to kickin' up a lot of sawdust! LOL

SharonB
03-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Like your saying and like your plaque.

aokweld101
03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
here's something almost of what you have..

liblakelady
03-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Carve came out great!

Please give more details of what the machine is displaying?

I'm running a second carve on this same design. I did everything the same to start the carve. The first attempt I got a check cut motor message. The second and third time it went all the way to the start of the carve and then the bit didn't spin and it sunk into the wood and gave me a x axis error. This machine has 3 hours on it. Please advise.

bergerud
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
First thing to do is the cut motor test. On the keypad 0 - 8 - 4. See if the motor spins up.

liblakelady
03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
First thing to do is the cut motor test. On the keypad 0 - 8 - 4. See if the motor spins up.

It finally got running this time but what do I do if it doesn't start up?

liblakelady
03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
here's something almost of what you have..

Wow, that is almost the same.

fwharris
03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
During the start up routine did the bit spin during the bit measurement step? Since this is a new machine it is possible that you might have some loose connections from being bounced around during shipping. With the machine unplugged take the bottom cover off and check all of the connectors to make sure they are tight. You might have to crimp any loose ones you find.

dltccf
03-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Here is the carve: thanks for all your help. It took me a bit to get it working but I think that is just beginners' learning curve. For some reason, I can carve on normal but when I change to best in the upload, I get errors at the machine.

For this particular pattern, you might also want to try inverting it. Just right click on it an select Invert pattern. You might like the way that looks even better.

dave

TerryT
03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
My shop is only about 5 miles from you, well maybe 7. If you have any more problems pack up your machine and computer (if you can) and swing by the shop. If you had been here today you could have met Robert. We had to do some repairs to his machine. Shoot me an email and we can set a time and day OR just give me a call to make sure I'm gonna be here for a while. I tend to wander off every now and then. LOL

liblakelady
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
My shop is only about 5 miles from you, well maybe 7. If you have any more problems pack up your machine and computer (if you can) and swing by the shop. If you had been here today you could have met Robert. We had to do some repairs to his machine. Shoot me an email and we can set a time and day OR just give me a call to make sure I'm gonna be here for a while. I tend to wander off every now and then. LOL

I ran all the checks last night. Every thing came out ok until I got to the cut motor. I had to do it 3 times before the motor ran. Then I did it 2 more times and the motor ran every time. I'm scratching my head now.

fwharris
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
I ran all the checks last night. Every thing came out ok until I got to the cut motor. I had to do it 3 times before the motor ran. Then I did it 2 more times and the motor ran every time. I'm scratching my head now.

It is probably a dirty cover switch for the cut motor. The one away from the key pad.

liblakelady
03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
It is probably a dirty cover switch for the cut motor. The one away from the key pad.

Today I started a project and got to the flip with no problems. I think my wood was too warped and I aborted but not until after a good routed cut. Then I put a new board in and started up for another project. Good wood this time. It ran through all the measure and bit process and then stopped and gave me a "motor RPM sensor fault" error. This machine has 4 hours on it. What am I doing wrong?

PS... Thanks to all for the great help till now. I am really enjoying the forum and try searching for answers before asking.

liblakelady
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM

Terry,

I'm thinking I need to see if you can CARVE (pun intended) out some time for me. I'm still fighting with cut motor issues. I have been able to get the machine carving but with only 4 hours on it I'm concerned about the error message.

TerryT
03-28-2013, 07:33 PM
I'd be happy to take a look and see if we can find out whats going on. Tomorrow or Monday will work for me. Give me a call when you can, we'll figure out a time that works. The number is on both websites below.

liblakelady
03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd be happy to take a look and see if we can find out whats going on. Tomorrow or Monday will work for me. Give me a call when you can, we'll figure out a time that works. The number is on both websites below.

Terry,

Thanks for all your help today. I really learned a lot from you. I came home and lubed the machine with Teflon. Then I tried running the cut motor test and it isn't working...again. I'll call LHR on Monday and see if they can shed any light on the matter. This is getting frustrating for sure.

TerryT
03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Terry,

Thanks for all your help today. I really learned a lot from you. I came home and lubed the machine with Teflon. Then I tried running the cut motor test and it isn't working...again. I'll call LHR on Monday and see if they can shed any light on the matter. This is getting frustrating for sure.

Darn!! I was hoping it would keep working for you. An intermitant cut motor problem like that has almost got to be a bad solder joint, loose wire type of thing. One possibility may be the T1 transistor (if I remember Al's comments correctly) on the X-Termination board. Finding the problem may be a real task, however. Hopefully the Carvewright techs have run across this problem before and have some insight. Let me know what they say.

unitedcases
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
I recently had a cut motor issue and this was the problem. Notice the burnt connector. I don't know enough about small motors to speak intelligently about it but I do know that it basically stopped working. I went thru the motor twice before I noticed that too. A new motor was the fix.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2