PDA

View Full Version : Ordering accessories needs to be easier

Ted Grinnell
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
With the number or customers increasing the way they have, ordering and tracking orders for accesories is tough.

Is there anyway that you can modify your website to take orders on line and have some way to notifying the customer when the order is shipped?

I am sure this would help to reduce the number of incoming calls and provide a increase your customer satisfaction rating.

Rickrljones
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
TG I agree... Ordered my probe over a week ago and haven't heard a thing about it, don't know if it ship, back ordered or what... I would at least thought they would send a e-mail notification. NOTHING

Aaron B
02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Ordered cutting bit 1 or 2 weeks ago and they got some in but I wasn't high enough up on the list to get mine. I called and said they would have some more in a week but still not sure if I will get mine or not.

porkysbbq
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
These people at carvewright need to get there stuff together and start acting like a real company and stop with all the lame excuses of why they can't do this or can't do that!!
nuf said
maybe somebody that matters or cares will get the message
adding a shopping cart is not brain surgery!

pkunk
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
These people at carvewright need to get there <deleted> together and start acting like a real company and stop with all the lame excuses of why they can't do this or can't do that!!
nuf said
Get rid of your negativity. You get today 'fickle finger' award.

FdxGuy
02-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey, they need FedEx in there to streamline their supply chain!!!!!!
And give everyone tracking info proactivly!
:P

porkysbbq
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
These people at carvewright need to get there <deleted> together and start acting like a real company and stop with all the lame excuses of why they can't do this or can't do that!!
nuf said
Get rid of your negativity. You get today 'fickle finger' award.

no negativity just stating a fact
You get today 'fickle finger' award.

cajunpen
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Like that great philospher - Rodney KIing - once said. "Can't we all just get along" :roll:

porkysbbq
02-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Yea I sound negative and I know this machine can do amazing things, but it's no fun waiting for a carving bit for 2 weeks.
The machine is now not amazing it is idle, a shopping cart would not take that much effort and a lot of people would be happy.

GIZMO1D1
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

FdxGuy
02-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Yea I sound negative and I know this machine can do amazing things, but it's no fun waiting for a carving bit for 2 weeks.
The machine is now not amazing it is idle, a shopping cart would not take that much effort and a lot of people would be happy.

While the ability to order bits online would be nice and very easy.... it could not deliver to you a single bit that does not exist. If the parts are not there, no amount of technology in terms of a shopping cart is going to get one to you any faster.

Once in a while it's nice to talk to a person, I've learned an amazing amount about my Compucarve and the LHR company by speaking with teh folks there. My shopping cart never speaks to me, it must have been that disagreement about the proper way to calculate a check digit for validation.

You have to forgive some of the crusty old farts around here. It's their personality that makes it more fun to watch your machine *not* carve and come here instead.

I am guessing that the rocket scientists that built the Compucarve will be setting up a shopping cart as soon as it makes sense to do so.

Cheers Matey

Bill (Number 8)

pkunk
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Hehheh, you callin' me a crusty ol' fart? :D :D Yep, & people with that attitude get me goin'. I bought a straight bit from PriceCutter when I couldn't get one from CW & it works fine. Didn't feel a need to come here and badmouth 'em. Some people just outta find another outlet for their anger. :roll:

porkysbbq
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Hehheh, you callin' me a crusty ol' fart? :D :D Yep, & people with that attitude get me goin'. I bought a straight bit from PriceCutter when I couldn't get one from CW & it works fine. Didn't feel a need to come here and badmouth 'em. Some people just outta find another outlet for their anger. :roll:

Can I use my own bits?
The machine has a standard library of approved bits that it can draw from. We strongly recommend that CarveWright brand bits be used for best quality results because of the significant dimensional variation from manufacturer to manufacturer. User supplied decorative bits can be used if they are identical in design to the approved bits. All CarveWright brand bits are plunge-able, which is not the case for the majority of existing decorative bits. Please check the website for the catalog of approved bits.

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
My Plastic cover came by DHL Express, I hear UPS and FedEx had a little run in getting to the loading dock of Carve Wright.....

UPS 1

FedEx 0

DHL Got the package....

AL

Just kidding.....

FdxGuy
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Yep, I'm calling you a Crusty Ol' Fart! I liked the picture and award by the way. Some folks are way tooooo serious sometimes.

It's funny you mention the bit now because had had the statement and question been asked differently, the answer would have come forth.

Does PriceCutter has an online shopping cart???

Cheers,
Bill (Number Eight)

porkysbbq
02-07-2007, 07:09 PM

Yep, I'm calling you a Crusty Ol' Fart! I liked the picture and award by the way. Some folks are way tooooo serious sometimes.

It's funny you mention the bit now because had had the statement and question been asked differently, the answer would have come forth.

Cheers,
Bill (Number Eight)

Hey your funny I think J Leno Wants you for his show

pkunk
02-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Cheers,
Bill (Number Eight)
Cart - yes. pricecutter.com order#P11-1501. It only has 1/2" cutting length, but for most of my needs it sufices. $16.99

The Bard
02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah! those CW guys need to be beat severely!

revved_up
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
About Us
The CarveWright creators are former NASA robotics engineers, and lifelong woodworkers

carefull about talking about beatings or you will end up with a gps teather like that astronaut would be murderer :lol:

The Bard
02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
yeah! i just saw a glipse of that this morning...

i gotta look that story up

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Speaking of GPS Tether.... When I was in San Diego a guy took a rubber raft from a aircraft someplace. Went on vacation in Arizona and let the kids play with the raft. O' look the pretty Coast Guard Helicopter, it's stopping over us..... Can we say "Emergency Distress Beacon"........ He got Jail time..... LOL... Where do you send in the Darwin Awards....

Another one in San Diego and emphasizes why things in boarder states should be marked bilingual. Guy steps out of his RV parked along the beach and sees a Gas Can, a rubber hose, and a pile of vomit..... and the cap to his Sewage holding tank removed....

AL

Cueman
03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
OK, I may be old, but I don't want to look retarded here, but as far as the bits go...

I don't seem to be able to find the page on this web site that sells or lists the catalog of approved bits.

What I see is a bunch of posts in the forums indicating to check the web site, and a few lines here and there [no hot links on the words, either] telling me to check the website for approved catalog of bits for the CC.

Please leave a link to it so I may order some.

Sorry if I missed something...

thanks
Chuck

HerbO
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Chuck

It is on their website under Products/Price
http://www.carvewright.com/pricing.html

HerbO

Cueman
03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Many thanks.

I guess everything is done by phone for now...

xalite
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I called I emailed and still no one is home tool bits are standard as long as the shank and leanth is close but what I want is to buy a probe the way I see it if they can't meet supply and demand someone is going to come up with a replacement and source and they will miss out someone out there makes the probe for them just have to find it.

The Bard
03-05-2007, 01:49 PM
bummer.

That would be bad.

fg9074
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
You dont sound negative to me only frustrated as am I
I have had my machine in the shop now going on the 4th week, I cant even get someone to give me an update or estimated time to return it to me. I may run any waranty I may have with my machine in CW's hand. No not negative, but verrrrry frustrated.
And yes I have called many times.

The Bard
03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
pm me and I'll check up on it tomorrow.

(and no, this is not an invitation for everyone to flood me with questions... Ahhhhhhh!!)

thaley
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
an i was told to day that i would get them in a fw days shiped to day im so happy try some patitions hu good hing come to thous who wate now if i can get cw to work right now all will be grater hehehehehehehehahahahahahaha lol thats what u have to doooooo

Digitalwoodshop
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I called the other day and asked for a partial shipment of bits to get me started and they arrived today. It makes double work for them but I am :)HAPPY !!! :) I can play with Centerline Text sooner.

AL

Julie Coffey
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I called two days ago and ordered a scan probe and back up carving bit. I'll order the V groove bits when they get centerline up and running and I can actually use it.

I was told it could be a bit of a wait on the probe- but I had to wait till taxes were done to make sure I wasn't destitute!

I've got a ton of things I could be doing just as soon as it gets here. But I'm expecting delivery of my Legacy Mill too- so I'm splitting my attentions between the two.

I'm geeked.

J

Digitalwoodshop
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Julie,

Did you see this ? http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2517&page=2

I put all the text and numbers on the top and bottom of the board. Selected and copied each letter and pasted it in rough position to spell words. Later readjusted it. Copied and pasted vice moved as if you move then the cut order gets messed up. Cuting A, Z, D, G.... vice A, B, C, D.... on the cutting list to the left.

I have not put it to the test yet, but it looked good. Deleted all the extra letters and saved.

I use the full letter board to start a project. Try it....

AL

Northwoods Woodcrafter
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Speaking of GPS Tether.... When I was in San Diego a guy took a rubber raft from a aircraft someplace. Went on vacation in Arizona and let the kids play with the raft. O' look the pretty Coast Guard Helicopter, it's stopping over us..... Can we say "Emergency Distress Beacon"........ He got Jail time..... LOL... Where do you send in the Darwin Awards....

Digital,

Very dumb but I believe that you need to die before you qualify for the Darwin Award.

-Pete

Jon Jantz
03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Digital,

Very dumb but I believe that you need to die before you qualify for the Darwin Award.

-Pete

That's right, but he can go ahead and get on the list. It's just a matter of time.