PDA

View Full Version : Estimating Carve Time

Bigtyme
03-20-2013, 01:41 PM
This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to estimate the carve time for a project without uploading it onto a card? I have looked all over the forum and can't see if this has been asked before. I don't have my card at my second computer and if I am trying to price out a project, it would be helpful to be able to know the carve time without uploading it. Thank you for any help with this question.

Digitalwoodshop
03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
You could send it to someone to upload to a card and tell you but that may not work with a pay pattern.... Scratch that...

You can always over estimate....

AL

bergerud
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Maybe that is something for the wish list. Have the program compile the carving instructions before it checks for the card. It could be a simple programming change to check for the card just prior to the actual upload.

Bigtyme
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I like the idea of adding it to the wish list. I do a lot of designs for projects to propose on and would like to know the time before having to deal with it on the card....

myshop1044
03-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I would get a second card, I have 4, 1 is just for doing carving time estamitments while I am using
the others for carvings. Lowes have them on line for just $28.12 and you can get then shipped to your local Lowes with free shipping.
Perry B.

DickB
03-20-2013, 04:05 PM
+1 on a second card. I had one go bad - not that it is a common occurrence - and there I sat with a useless machine. Cheap insurance, and I find it convenient to use two cars as well.

aokweld101
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I have 3 cards and that is not enough, I have the machine running 8 to 10 hrs a day. The one year warranty was used up in 1 1/2 weeks.... But that would be on my wish list...... oh great one are you listening ?.........lol :p

CarverJerry
03-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I'll second that for the wish list.....along with an option to see the cut operation as the machine would cut it before you upload it.

Bigtyme
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I appreciate all the feedback, folks. I have to agree at least one additional card is in order, but still wouldn't mind seeing a future version of Designer allowing the carve time to be shown before uploading :)....

dltccf
03-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I remember we discussed this as a feature request in the Carvewright Designer wishlist thread nearly a year ago.

dave

liblakelady
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
I just hit the upload comand and note the carve time and then cancel.