PDA

View Full Version : magazine shelf

aokweld101
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I had so many wood magazines that I made this to hold them, I need to put the clear coat on it yet I'll do that tomorrow, don' look at the junk I have to make a dump run...

dehrlich
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
BAAHAHAHA that might hold the ones I got last year! I built a 6 ft x 6 ft book case in my office last year and it's over half full of magazines and books, 90% woodworking stuff. Awesome shelf by the way, very cool.

aokweld101
03-19-2013, 08:22 PM
for just getting started and just a hobby It's enough for the magazines that I have and the three years subscription that I'm getting...maybe one day I'll need a bigger one... then I will build one bigger.. lol

SharonB
03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Very nice work on the book shelf. The hummingbird carving really came out nice.

Bigtyme
03-20-2013, 08:45 AM
The magazine shelf really came great. The carve is beautiful. Very nice job. It will look great with your magazines on it. I can relate to dehrlich. I have been subscribing to WW magazines for a long time (charter subscriber of Wood Magazine for one) and am on my third metal shelf system. I have all the articles indexed on my computer and have over 8000 project plans referenced. Wish I had the actual article scanned, but started this before the days of scanners, so have to live with basic article info for searching and then a trip to the shelves to look up what I may use for plans....still better than relying on my bad memory....

TerryT
03-20-2013, 08:54 AM
That is a great looking project! Nice work, indeed.

henry1
03-20-2013, 09:25 AM
That is nice work indeed keep it up

DickB
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Very nice. I like the finish.

For you woodworking magazine readers, If you get the 2013 issue of America's Best Home Workshops by Wood magazine (should be on sale in a few days), I'll send you on a scavenger hunt: two items in the Ideas Gallery are from my shop. See if you can spot them.