PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say howdy from The Desert

phxdatadr
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
I am a computer Programer and needed a good hobby to get out from in front of the stupid box...So here i Go...Living in Phoenix for the last 20 years and wondering how it will be in the Heat. My Neighbor says we will need to build a shop in the way back of my yard..Probly Will, after i replenshih my saving from buying this amazing machine.
I love the machine , and am wondering how much Faster the Center Line Software can cut as opposed to the way it cuts normally with out Centerline. Just considering buyin the software.

Deolman
03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Centerline is well worth the extra dollars. So is conform. It can be quite a bit faster. You will enjoy it.

Rob Mulgrew
03-19-2013, 02:56 PM
I do alot of carving with both raster with the 1/16 carving bit and centerline with 60v bit and an average centerline carve for me runs around 15-20 mins where as a regular raster carve runs around an hour. So it is definately faster but all depends on what you are trying to achieve and how large the project is.

cestout
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
I haven't been to southern Arizona since I got discharged from Luke in '61, but here in Riverside County in Southern Calif., the weather is similar. I have a swamp cooler for my shop and it seldom gets much above 80. I have more trouble (head cranking up and down mostly) in winter when it gets below 50. Centerline is great, but don't get it without conforming vectors. Be careful, this machine is addictive.

phxdatadr
03-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks rob that was exactly what I was looking for.
cestout.....Myt wife says i already am addicted. she was wondering when i was gonna come back in the house. i got it about a month ago : I thinkit has gotten hotter out here since you were at Luke. That swamp coller Idea sound pretty good! I have one in my bar out by the pool and it does a pretty good job...and...It's Portable. told my neighbor by we will turn the bar ( "The Cowboy Cabana") ..into a wood shop.. All my friends are Voting it down tho. :)

phxdatadr
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks rob that was exactly what I was looking for.
cestout.....Myt wife says i already am addicted. she was wondering when i was gonna come back in the house. i got it about a month ago : I thinkit has gotten hotter out here since you were at Luke. That swamp coller Idea sound pretty good! I have one in my bar out by the pool and it does a pretty good job...and...It's Portable. told my neighbor by we will turn the bar ( "The Cowboy Cabana") ..into a wood shop.. All my friends are Voting it down tho. :)

Guess i did not spell check ..sorry

Deolman
03-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Gee if you charge your friends for the drinks. you may have capitol plenty to work with your machine. Keep the bar! LOL

phxdatadr
03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
All those people come hear caz they are free :). Maybe a cover charge?

dcalvin4
03-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Charge to watch the machine run an make the BIG MONEY
denny