PDA

View Full Version : http://www.nicecarvings.com/

badbert
03-19-2013, 02:34 AM
http://www.nicecarvings.com/

Found this site from Facebook. Her signs are inspirational. Go there and browse the galleries, of hundreds of signs this young Lady has done.

henry1
03-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Wow those are realy nice

TerryT
03-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Impressive! Looks like she is a very busy lady. That is a ton of signs!

mtylerfl
03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Yes, Melissa and her husband Jason are quite busy and do wonderful work!

Jason does the design layouts in the (Aspire) software and Melissa is the "hands-on", paint, sculpt, etc. (although Jason does that too!) Quite a productive team.

Bigtyme
03-19-2013, 07:20 AM
They are really talented. Great signs with a lot of innovation....

chebytrk
03-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Really cool stuff! I saw that they start out pricing at $200 sq ft. whew!...

aokweld101
03-19-2013, 08:11 AM
do you know if the letters are cutouts and if its done with the carvewright, I would think that it's done with a bigger machine, whats the capacity for the depth on the carvewright?...that is something that I don't know, I know it will do the 3/4 thick that is all Iv'e delt with so far.

Rob Mulgrew
03-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational!

lawrence
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
do you know if the letters are cutouts and if its done with the carvewright, I would think that it's done with a bigger machine, whats the capacity for the depth on the carvewright?...that is something that I don't know, I know it will do the 3/4 thick that is all Iv'e delt with so far.

She uses a shopbot according to her "about me" section but this is a great example of some outstanding work done by a small signmaking company using a CNC.

Depth capacity for the CW is 5 inches so that isn't an issue. With the stl importer it is possible to go very deep and "layer" slices, but the actual carve thickness is a hair under 1 inch.

Thanks for the inspirational link,

Lawrence

DickB
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
These folks are 20 miles from me, but I was unaware of their shop. Probably have seen their work.

mtylerfl
03-19-2013, 08:34 AM

Jason and Melissa do use a larger machine...they are ShopBotters.

The CarveWright machines can do much of what you see them do. As you probably already know, the CW carving bit can go as deep as 0.8"...the cutting bit as deep as 1". Larger, thicker items can be sectioned and sliced, then laminated (glued) together to make just about anything you want. Your imagination and ingenuity is the primary limit to what you can accomplish with the CarveWright "miracle machines"!