PDA

View Full Version : My First Post - With A Question!

Hauser
02-07-2007, 11:20 AM
:D
Hi everyone! I've been following the CW web page and forums ever since I first saw the machine advertised in early December 2006. One big question for me however, is 'Why is the produce constantly "Out of Stock"'? I haven't seen any posts referencing this issue and I wonder why. The tax-man is going to be smiling on my soon with a healthy rebate and I sure would like to become a proud owner.

Thanks for your time - Charlie

P.S. Don't ask me why, but in my gut, I feel more comfortable purchasing from CW than from Sears. As a result, I haven't even inquired at Sears.

pkunk
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
all their units have been going to Sears

HandTurnedMaple
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I would imagine that since Sears is footing the bill for the advertising that they are under contract to deliver a certain number of units to Craftsman before filling their own orders. And production is still in the early stages so they aren't up to capacity yet (or they are and completely mis-guessed).

Hauser
02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
:lol:
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

BenCraig
02-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree regarding purchasing it directly from LHR and not from Sears.

I received the following in an email from Deidre at CarveWright on Jan 15....

'Sears will be getting the first of our incoming shipments and will have them in stock in about 2.5 weeks. If you prefer to order directly through LHR the wait is about 4-6 weeks.'

It's been about 3 1/2 weeks since then. So I would imagine in the next week or two they will be available. I had called and placed my name on a waiting list. They said that they will either call or email me when they become available through LHR. You can give them a call @ 713-473-6572 and do the same.

BC

Semper Fi
02-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Folks, it's your money, but the machines are the same and Carvewright is the support for the Sears' machines. And Sears puts them on sale when they have their Tool Club sales. (save several hundred)

JMHO,
Ernie

The Bard
02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
we're getting them in a week?

News to me.

hmmm

BenCraig
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM

News to me.

Hey Bard,

Has the estimated time frame of availability from LHR changed from what Deidra stated? If so, do you know when they might be coming in?

Thanks,
BC

The Bard
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
sorry brudda.... not my area of expertise and i'd be beaten severely by Dei if I started misquoting her.

trust me, I Do NOT want that...

HandTurnedMaple
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM

News to me.

Hey Bard,

Has the estimated time frame of availability from LHR changed from what Deidra stated? If so, do you know when they might be coming in?

Thanks,
BC

Good luck with all of that. They haven't even filled all of the Sears orders. I hope your patients knows no bounds. :wink:

The Bard
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
actually, wouldn't say "no" bounds, but pretty far out there.

especially when the only barrier is non-experience

how can you fault someone for that?

meat
02-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Good luck with all of that. They haven't even filled all of the Sears orders. I hope your patients knows no bounds. :wink:

The Sears modus operandi is to order a huge block of product from an outside vendor with a virtually impossible to meet deadline schedule, and then when the vendor overextends themselves Sears will cancel the order.

...then come back and offer significantly less to buy out the vendor lock, stock and barrel.

I was warned by a previous Sears vendor, we went ahead anyway ... and Sears ended up buying us out lock, stock and barrel after they cancelled their original order.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen to CarveWright. Just offering a heads up. I'm neither for nor against Sears ... just relating a past experience, which may not be indicative of future results.

My machine is due in on the 27th of February!

Your pal,
Meat.

cajunpen
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM
In my next life I want to design and build SOMETHING - ANYTHING - that I can sell for $2000, and can't make them fast enough to keep up with the orders. Chris must be a genius - great product and making lots of money :lol:

Bard you gonna be one busy hombre - for the 30-40 years :)

The Bard
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
he DOES own a particularly neat patent on the space shuttle LOL...

but I know I'll be busy. Seriously thinking of quitting my second job just to work double shifts at LHR all day hehe.

i'll put up a "now taking donations" sign soon to fix my car :twisted: