PDA

View Full Version : Superfluous part?...I doubt it.

sjmoore69
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I am looking for info on another part I found in the bottom of my machine. Somewhere between 94% and 97% of my last carve, I saw this part lodged next to the brass roller. I didn't hear any unusual changes in pitch or clanking associated with a flying part and I NEVER leave my model A unattended. I immediately stopped the carve and retrieved the part. It seems to have fallen out of the slot in the side of the z-truck. Out of desperation I let the project finish with no problems. I have scanned through the parts diagrams and think it must be off the board inside the z-truck. I have planned an upgrade to the carvetight in the future, but coming so soon after replacing a torn traction belt and board sensor, I fear my better half will consider this a deal breaker and will push for me to sell the machine due to high maintenance costs.
My question is... Can I run the machine without this part? and What might have caused this failure?6098960991

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

Old Salt
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Old part don't use it any more .
Every thing should work without it.

liquidguitars
03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Old bit flag sensor, not needed anymore.

ktjwilliams
03-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Machine will run without that ....

sjmoore69
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys, that's really grear news.
Steve

liquidguitars
03-16-2013, 01:54 PM
BTW since you have a nice vintage machine make sure you upgrade to the Carve tight or a Rock when you get the chance. The Old QC will rattel the machine to the ground and cost you a lot of time ansd $$$