PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall ERR E06 – 0313

mwunderlin
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I purchased a new CarveWright machine in November 2012 afterhave a very dependable older model with the Quick Change bit holder for a fewyears. The new machine has been working fineuntil yesterday when I received error “Z Axis Stall ERR E06 – 0313”. I searched the Forum and some of the membersrecommended cleaning the truck and tracks which I did and it helped some butwhen moving the truck up and down it feels very rough. The tracks and bearings feel smooth but themotor seems to have some rough spot as it travels up and down.
Is the Z Axis stepper motor about to go out oris there a way some foreign particles can get inside the motor to cause theproblem?

Any ideas or help?
Thank you for your time.

badbert
03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
You either chipped the drive gear or the bearings for the drive gear are shot. How many hours on this machine?

bergerud
03-15-2013, 09:54 PM
When exactly do you get the z stall? Many things can result in that error. Is it when the bit touches the wood? Repeat the process and watch everything closely. Does the bit touch the bit plate and so on.

Digitalwoodshop
03-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Trying to do a Cut Path to wood that is TOO Thick will result in that error after the bit goes down on the Brass Roller Side.

mwunderlin
03-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I got the error the first time after I changed to to a 60 degree bit. The next time is got the error is when I changed to the 3/8 cutting bit. Each time I got the error is when I had multiple bit changes and after I installed the next bit and when the truck started to locate the wood but the bit never touched the wood. This machine has about 10 hours of use.

Thanks for your thoughts!