PDA

View Full Version : Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

RickC
03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
OK got new Power supply, New Z motor, New ribbon cable.. checked all wiring.. still getting Z Axis stall E06-0313 after selecting project and hitting start. When I do tests X & Y are fine.. Z and Cut motor test just loops with start press with nothing happening.. What now????? :(

bergerud
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.

RickC
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.

Thanks.. but still nothing. Connection on the new FFC cable are secure and new Z motor connector is firm and connected well as other connections on the termination card. I notices small resistors on the termination card, is there chance one is fried? I do not see damage as one would see with a bad resistor.

skeeterman
12-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Rick, you ever find solution to your problem, I ask because i have same problem, get z axis stall E06-0313 as soon as i select project, no movements or anything, i have changed ffc cable and also checked to make sure all plugged in firmly.
steve

bergerud
12-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Look closely. Does the z twitch before the stall message. If it does, then the computer is not getting the encoder data indicating the z movement. Check the encoder for dust or loose disc.

Digitalwoodshop
12-23-2013, 01:29 PM
The FSC Cable has a Contact Side and a Plastic Side... It IS possible to install it with the plastic where the contacts should be....

Don't know if you changed the FSC Cable THEN had the problem or Changed the FSC Cable and STILL have the problem....

Dust in the Encoder like posted above.
Broken wire on the plug inside the Encoder
Bad Computer as in the Z Driver...

A Motor Swap is in order.... If you have one...

AL

skeeterman
12-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I just took apart again , took truck off looked at gears and checked for dust not any dust or broken teeth , i had hand on flex shaft to see if i felt any movement before error . and there was none. i have had machine several months bought it off a member of forum that kept having the same problem . he sent it in to LHR and had problem fixed and sent back. i carved maybe 3 projects on it and i started to get this error midway through a carve. decided to see if ffc cable problem, changed it and walla i have the same error as soon as i hit enter on choosing a project.
i did a sensor check and all seemed normal.
also i have spare parts from other machine. was wondering about the board that this plugs up to on the truck could that be replaced with one from other machine to see if it is bad?

Digitalwoodshop
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM
As the Robot on Lost In Space would say at a time like this.... "Danger young Will Robionson.... Danger..."

I posted the pictures to help, but YES you can swap some of the boards and see what the REAL Problem is....

The Danger is the possibility of using a old 18 pin board on either end of the FSC Cable... IF you put a old 18 pin board on the machine and plugged in the FSC Cable you would likely short out the computer....

You must look at the pictures and be sure you can identify a 18 pin board and a 14 pin board... 14 pin is the Newer one and the standard....

Likely one of your boards on either end of the FSC Cable is Intermittant.. a Cracked Solder connection or trace.... EVEN a loose plug between the lower board and the Computer... OR even the Cable from and to the Computer...

AND.. Likely the Z Motor is bad too.. OR simply the plug that brings in power to the back encoder board. LOOK at the Encoder Board Pictures... Sometimes the plastic plug in inserted into the encoder board and not pushed down all the way. When it is soldered, it sticks up slightly... Then over time since the plug is actually soldered on the Bottom to a donut solder pad... The Solder Pad PUSHES away from the Circuit Board snapping this connection as from the donut a copper trace goes to the BIG tabs on either side of the motor to bring power to the motor. ONE little broken DO NUT or donut copper pad can cause havoc as it will make and break due to vibration.... I made a fortune at SONY fixing such problems.... You just need to know what to look for.... OR Re Solder all the connector plugs....

And a update... I call the old version a 16 pin in older pictures... it is actually 18 and I corrected some. On the Encoder... The Copper Trace for the MOTOR Power is actually on the TOP of the board... and hard to see.... my bad... And the lower board.... the new 14 pin has WINGS to lock the plug in place.... NO Wings on the older WRONG board...

Good Luck...

AL

skeeterman
12-23-2013, 05:47 PM
just got thru swapping out z motor and it dose same thing , as soon as i go to project menu and select project i get the error, no movement in z truck at all. may try another ffc cable to see if maybe the new one i put on is bad. shop is cold now will have to wait till tomorro and build a fire in stove before i tackle it anymore

Digitalwoodshop
12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
just got thru swapping out z motor and it dose same thing , as soon as i go to project menu and select project i get the error, no movement in z truck at all. may try another ffc cable to see if maybe the new one i put on is bad. shop is cold now will have to wait till tomorro and build a fire in stove before i tackle it anymore

Don't forget to look at the above photos.

AL

skeeterman
12-23-2013, 06:00 PM
i did, i have the correct motor, just trying to swap one thing at a time trying to figure out the problem, like i said the guy that had it before me had this error many times , he even sent it to LHR to be fixed, not sure what was done to it, but it did run at least 3 projects before the errors started again

fwharris
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
You might be able to find out from LHR what they did to the machine.

skeeterman
12-24-2013, 12:42 PM
changed ffc cable back to the origional one i took off and left my spare z motor on, ran sensor check all is well, went thru process of running project, all went well it went thru the board measurment and the bit touch with the carving bit, then prompted for the v60 bit , changed bit out hit enter and back to origional error.
powered off and powered back on tried to start this same project and bammo same error as soon as i press enter on the project.plugged in new ffc cable without bending anything on it to see if i am not messing them up with bends and get same error.
steve

Digitalwoodshop
12-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Time to swap the computer and the Power Supply..

skeeterman
12-25-2013, 01:11 PM
i have located the power supply on the assembly guide and parts list , but not the computer are you reffering to the controller box and is there any chance that swapping these out will mess up the good ones ,i am asking because i think i remember seeing something on forum about one part or another that cant be swapped out
steve

Digitalwoodshop
12-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Where the Controller / Computer are concerned.... Yes, Caution is Advised....

One option is to send the Power Supply, Computer, Z Motor, Y Motor, and the FSC Cable and the big circuit board with the wings to LHR for testing... That still would not test the cables from the computer to the Wing Board....

What you really need is to have a 2nd machine and put one part in the good machine and run it.... looking for a failure... At least that is the way I would handle this... You have SO many possible problems... It could simply be the BIG Wing Connector solder joints.... OR a Crimp on the wires from the computer....

A intermittant Power Supply SERVO Power could be casuing this....

AL

skeeterman
12-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Thank you Al, I do have other machines, I will replace one part at a Time till I get it figured out, I also have a spare computer and controller board from a parts machine I had purchased
steve

Digitalwoodshop
12-27-2013, 11:55 AM
THAT will save you some money.....

Good Job...

AL

skeeterman
03-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Ok I took the power supply off of bad machine and put on machine with no problems and did a carve successful , then took z motor off of bad machine and put on old machine and it carved no problem , I am at a standstill on this machine. Wanting o get it up and going because it has the carvetight and the rubber belts so I can use rotary jig on this machine if I can get it going. What now? I have replaced the FCC cable as well . What next ?

Digitalwoodshop
03-21-2014, 07:20 PM
FSC Cable.... Correct....

AL

skeeterman
03-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Correct , changed the FCS cable twice , I can go to sensor check and readings are fine when I move the truck . But the very moment I press buton to start a project I get the error

Digitalwoodshop
03-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Swap Controllers.... with caution....since Calibration Data is different... just get it to get past the point of the other machine...

AL

skeeterman
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
it is the controller board,, took the one out of problem machine and put in running machine and get the , E06-0313 error z axis stall as soon as i hit enter on project, New controller is over $300.
I do have a controller off a spare parts machine, can it be used? Can it be recalibrated for my machine?
steve

fwharris
03-26-2014, 09:06 PM
You should be able to swap that out and yes you will need to go through the calibration procedures. Any machine info (ID etc.) will be for the machine you took it out of.

skeeterman
03-26-2014, 09:13 PM
is there a pdf on the calibration procedure?
"i found the pdf "

fwharris
03-26-2014, 09:44 PM
is there a pdf on the calibration procedure?
"i found the pdf "

Yes it is on the site under procedures.

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2014, 02:12 PM
If your not going to turn it in for the purchase of another, I would love to buy it off of you to play with...

AL
:shock:

skeeterman
03-27-2014, 03:09 PM
I havent been able to reset calibration yet with different controller as of yet Al,( no time today) if i can get it going i will get with you on the bad controller
steve

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Controllers have to be programmed by us and includes the machine serial number.

The controller has a $100 value when sent in to us, and you qualify as the purchaser.

skeeterman
03-27-2014, 03:30 PM
so controller i had on spare part machine will not work on machine i am trying to fix?
steve

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 03:45 PM
You might can use it to troubleshoot your controller. Hopefully, there was not a bad cable or bad board that would mess up your other controller.

My suggestion is to send it in for testing and use that as $100 towards a new one, if necessary. Send Rebate Form.

skeeterman
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Connie, after you posted this i went to shop and ran a small 17 min carve on the machine i was testing the parts off of non running machine and it was fine so it did not mess up the controller on that machine, Thats the good news, the better news is that i decided before i sent this bad controller to ya and bought new one i decided to do an old trick that works on a variety of different things that need fixin, I took it and banged it a few times and hooked it all back up and ran the same 17 min carve, worked fine, for now.
steve

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Connie, after you posted this i went to shop and ran a small 17 min carve on the machine i was testing the parts off of non running machine and it was fine so it did not mess up the controller on that machine, Thats the good news, the better news is that i decided before i sent this bad controller to ya and bought new one i decided to do an old trick that works on a variety of different things that need fixin, I took it and banged it a few times and hooked it all back up and ran the same 17 min carve, worked fine, for now.
steve

LOL!!! Ok, whatever works!

So, we should add "just bang on it" to our already scrutinized list of troubleshooting suggestions, such as "put tape on it", "put glue on it" or "put a sock on it"?

skeeterman
03-27-2014, 06:24 PM
i figure it works on other things ,,, why not.