PDA

View Full Version : Adding More Text After the fact.......

chebytrk
03-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I have a plaque that I've finished and it turned out pretty good. I added a keyhole on the back as well as some text (centerline). However, now that all is finished (painted and all), the person is asking if I can add one more word to the existing text on the back. Just looking for what would be the best way to do this.. ie... "hide" the keyhole, "hide" the text? I think if I do that then how do I ensure that the new word being added is in the correct place to carve? Honestly I've never really done a "jog to position" so I don't know if that would really work for me. Maybe... add the new word and place it where it needs to be and THEN "hide" everything? I'm really curious about the "jog to position", but just don't know how far to place it in front of the existing text. I'm actually just trying to place the word "Queen" in front of a person's name. I'm sure that there's a couple of ways...... just looking to see what they are. Thanks.. JerryB

radman5506
03-13-2013, 08:06 AM
chebytrk, you are on the right track, using your original mpc add the word where you want it in relation the what you have already carved and then as you figured out delete everything else. If you have not changed the dimensions of the board it should get it really close. No jogging required. Obviously, or not, you would need a sled and or rails if the board is not the original dimensions. That part was for others who might not think of it. Hope this helps.