PDA

View Full Version : head not going up on the right side

countrygirl
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
i have a c version machine and with about 150 hours and the right side does not keep up with left and gets hung up i have adjusted the rods and still hangs up. i tried to use it it made 1 good pass and the next pass it carved all the way to the left off of the board please help

bergerud
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Are you saying that the right side of the head does not crank up and down properly? If so, you should take off the right side cover and watch the threaded shaft. If the threaded shaft is turning and the right side of the head is not moving or is jerking, the nut is probably stripped. If the threaded shaft is not turning, the gears underneath could be the problem.

countrygirl
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
it sure acts like the nut is stripped because the shaft is moving fine and i can pick up on the head and it will move. thank you

Digitalwoodshop
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Had not though of a stripped or loose nut... Good one to remember..... In my past with a "A" Series the screw holding the two 45 degree gears came loose and let the one side not keep up with the other...

Once you find the problem to level you can do 2 ways.... Measure or use a bit and a wide board and touch the board on each side and measure via the LCD using Options, Sensor Data, and Z Data.

Just remember if you remove the bottom cover you can get SHOCKED or Killed touching the Power Supply OR X Terminaton Board or Power Switch with the unit plugged in.:twisted:

AL

bergerud
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
My friend's C machine with only 30 hours on it had this nut stripped. There must have been a bad batch of nuts with poor threads. It is a cheap part but replacing it is a pain. Not much room for wrenches and hard to know where it should be tightened because the hole is big. Use the gear below to get the head level instead of trying to tighten the nut just right. Al's z read out method works great for measuring the levelness of the head. If it is the problem and you get the part, we can go through the procedure.

countrygirl
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
ok thank you i will give the techs a call in the morning and have them send me new ones

countrygirl
04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
they sent me new nuts and i put them on and i think all i have to do is adjust it. it goes up and down fine till i put the cover on that side and it hangs up

bergerud
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
The top of the screw shaft has to go in a hole in the cover. If it misses the hole, the screw shaft could get pushed side ways and bind?? If it is in the hole, it could still bind if the nut was tightened too far off to the side and the screw shaft is crooked? Check how the top of the screw shaft fits in the hole.

The vertical pillars may be binding when the head is near the top? The head should be at the top when you tighten the two top bolts.