PDA

View Full Version : Some more signs and stuff

easybuilt
03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Here are some recent carvings. What a week, I have also been busy putting in a sidewalk to my shop this week and today we pore it. I will have to show it to you when done. It is a beautiful day in Washington today!

badbert
03-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Great work as usual Tom! I like the lodge sign the best. The deer carve really stands out! Care to share more info about it?

easybuilt
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
The edge was the same design "old looking sign" you have seen with 0 depth. The deer I found on clicker.com, free clipart. I looked all over for a deer that looked like it had fur but no one on Carvewright had one. The smooth surface does not look natural. After not finding a pine cone I like, Grandpa Pam gave me this one part of a branch she had created. It was a real challenge with different depths, and heights. I wanted everything to look like it was cut with a laser engraver. I was real pleased with the final carve and fun to create. I hope that answered your questions.

SharonB
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
All nice pieces of art Tom. The lodge sign real looks great...think it is the edges that sets it apart.

eelamb
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM
As usual Tom very nice work.

easybuilt
03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks Sharon and Eddie. So glad you like them, that means a lot!

aokweld101
03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I like em all tom, you are right about the painting it does get a little easier the more you do them, but I still think I need art lessons...