PDA

View Full Version : Y-axis stall, error 236

nodwell
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Loaded project, it goes through measuring board and loading bit then I get error when it goes to find board.

Any ideas?

Don

HandTurnedMaple
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Did you move the head while loading the bit? Did you shut down and start over?

nodwell
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Bit was loaded before I started. Restarted several times with no help.

It goes over and ffinds the bit with the flip out sensor without any problem.

Don

nodwell
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Took another look at what was going on. I usually sit in front of the machine as it goes through its setup routine. I could hear the bit touch plate swing out as I always do. I assumed (we all know what happens when we do that) all was well at that point but now I see that the plate is not extending all the way out and the bit does not touch it. I found the pdf file posted on how to fix so I will be doing that tomorrow after the snow stops and I shovel a path to the work shop.

Lesson learned: Do not assume and use search engine within the forum.

Don

bamaman315
02-07-2007, 05:29 AM
where can I find that PDF file , mine is doing same thing , but if I help truck go to the right the plate pops all the way out and I have been able to continue with no problems , but I would like to fix it right . Thanks

Rick Devine
02-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Bamaman,

It is located at the top of this formun in the Troubleshooting sticky.

Bill
02-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Check the post below, it may help you.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1868&highlight=swing+arm
Bill

kramer815
02-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I have had the machine less then two months. Let see...sent back for repair not once but twice. Didn't work the first time I got it back, the second time worked for one whole day before 236 236 236 errors etc etc etc. Since I paid almost 2,000 for this wonder of woodcarving machine, and it does not do as advertised, how many other of you people out there have been ripped off as I have. Just throwing this question out there!

MAX COX
02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I have had my machine since Febreary of 2006. it has been sent back to factory at least 5 times. I can say that the support from these people at
carvewright have been the absolute best . it is working great now. Do
not lose faith in this machine or the people at LHR TECHONOLIGES.

MAX

pkunk
02-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I have had the machine less then two months. Let see...sent back for repair not once but twice. Didn't work the first time I got it back, the second time worked for one whole day before 236 236 236 errors etc etc etc. Since I paid almost 2,000 for this wonder of woodcarving machine, and it does not do as advertised, how many other of you people out there have been ripped off as I have. Just throwing this question out there!
I've had plenty of problems with mine. I's worked for me because I have patience, faith in Carvewright & just a little mechanical aptitude. Computers don't scare me, I just don't have all the knowledge that some have. I can & do make it work.
I have had several Mercedes that had problems. One I have now has a quirk. I'll get it resolved. I don't go on forums and bitch about how I've been "ripped off" because of a malfunction. :(

vidtery
02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
pkunk...

If you buy a brand new Mercedes, and it has problems, you don't open the hood and start tinkering...you take it to Mercedes service and they fix it. (No way in the world you could do any serious electronic service work on one of those cars anyway). If you buy a new plasma TV and it won't turn on, or shows everything in green, you don't tear into it and try to fix it, you take it back and get another one.

If someone bought one of these machines USED, knowing that it had problems, but was willing to tackle the issues, that would be fine. It is NOT fine to get a new two-grand computerized machine, have it immediately malfunction, and then get one instruction after another about taking it apart and trying to fix malfunctioning parts.

I'm really glad you have the knowledge and resources to get yours working after its numerous problems. Thing is, NEW stuff isn't supposed to have problems, and if the new stuff does have problems, there should be some other way to deal with it than being told to take the screws out of the bottom and start tinkering with the wiring.

Still, buying a machine from a national retailer that doesn't have any service support for the machine means we went way out on a limb to start with...sort of an act of faith in the face of so many reports of problems. Now -- in my case and in the cases of many others -- weeks into ownership of a machine that won't function -- and no prospect of support to get it fixed. Even an hour on the phone with the Bard, couldn't accurately diagnose the problem, let alone find any fix. I'VE never said I got ripped off, I'VE not claimed to have been cheated or badly treated. All I say is that so far Sears (and, roundabout, Carveright) has my $1800, and I have a machine that worked for seven minutes and thirty-one seconds, and so far NO ONE has come up with, or even suggested, the way to get it fixed.

You'll pardon me if I don't look at that as a completely good thing.

Terry in Iowa

The Bard
02-23-2007, 12:21 AM
sorry we couldn't do more to help you out there. Thanx for giving us a try to get it working for you.