PDA

View Full Version : Text Outline cut out puzzle

bergerud
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
While I was playing with the text cut out posted by doublejz, I noted something that I do not understand. Why when I outline the J do the two smaller outlines refuse to be cut out? Am I missing something here? One can assign a bit but that seems to be all.

mtylerfl
03-04-2013, 04:24 PM
While I was playing with the text cut out posted by doublejz, I noted something that I do not understand. Why when I outline the J do the two smaller outlines refuse to be cut out? Am I missing something here? One can assign a bit but that seems to be all.

Dan,

Both of those vectors are open so you cannot assign a Cut Path to them. I assume you used the Outline Tool to get the vectors in the first place, but for whatever reason, those inside vectors won't outline as a closed vector. There is a solution...reduce the size of the J (temporarily), then run the Outline Tool. That will give you the closed vectors for those inside areas. Then resize the entire kaboodle and assign the Cut Paths. A workaround, yes - but it gets the job done!

bergerud
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks Michael. I figured they were not closed, but could see no way to close them. Interesting work around to keep note of.