PDA

View Full Version : cut motor wires

aokweld101
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I have a question about the cut motor wires... I've replaced the brushes in the motor about 4 times and the wires for the motor stick up and stop my z-motor from going all the way to the right not allowing the plate to come out is the wires supposed to be behind the dust cover or in front of it I thought that going behind the dust cover would pinch the wires and going in front of it they stick up and I've tried to tuck them down but they keep popping up.

fwharris
03-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I have a question about the cut motor wires... I've replaced the brushes in the motor about 4 times and the wires for the motor stick up and stop my z-motor from going all the way to the right not allowing the plate to come out is the wires supposed to be behind the dust cover or in front of it I thought that going behind the dust cover would pinch the wires and going in front of it they stick up and I've tried to tuck them down but they keep popping up.

The cut motor wires should be tucked into the far back corner. You can also tape them to the cover to make sure they stay in place. Also make sure they are pushed down all of the way into the compartment at the end of the cut motor.

If your wires also have the hard plastic wire cover on them you can take that off.. see pic 2

aokweld101
03-04-2013, 05:10 AM
thank you, the two conectors for the cut motor are what is hitting the x- motor and stopping it from going all the way over, I just needed to know how it was routed and get them out of the way.

Rob Mulgrew
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I had a smiliar problem with the wires not seating right so I just drilled a small hole in the cover and zip tied the wires to the back of the cover. Works great now.

Rob