PDA

View Full Version : A version upgrade

Ropdoc
03-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Hello,

I am concidering the Carvetight service upgrade for my "A" version machine. I understand that the price is $465. And that the tech will install and calibrate my machine for me. I am worried about extra fees. Can anyone help with explaining the total cost of the upgrade?

Thank you,
Dave

lynnfrwd
03-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Basic extra needs are new carving & cutting bits. If you have full bit set, then 1/4" split collet and 1/4 & 1/2" rubber stop collars. If you have probe, then adaptor.

Beyond that, it just depends what is wrong with your machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickroy
03-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Greetings Dave, Go for it! I bought a model A machine a year ago and did everything to it ... CarveTight upgrade, Rubber Belt upgrade, burned up a flexshaft and replaced it, lots of other repairs. It got to the point that I spent more than the cost of a new machine so in September, I bought a new model C machine and immediatly sent my A model back for tuning up. The A model now runs better than my new C machine! It was money well spent and I wish that I had done it earlier. One other part that might have to be replaced but is not covered by the upgrade is the flexshaft. Also, there may be a pretty good discount available if you are a member of the "Carver's Club" Check it out and all the best.

Ropdoc
03-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys. I have an "A" and "C" version. The "A" has sat for a few months. And now close to a point to afford the A upgrade. I am just concerned it is going to go in and then cost alot to get it back. I will need to buy need cutters for the upgrade. That I understand. It is just the extra from the checkup that worries me. It is taking me months to get enough for the upgrade itself.

Dave

Ropdoc
03-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I was ready to make my purchase. I log in and find out that they raised the price. To some it may not seem like much. But it was alot to me. It took me 5 months to save up enough money to get this. So I decided I will just step down one and not get the Heavy duty belts but still have LHR install the Rock tight for me. UM ... that option is GONE. I can install it myself, but I really wanted my machine checked over by the tech. Besides the carve motor case broke at the neck and I was going to get that fixed as well. Guess I got a new boat anchor then or some spare parts for me "C" version.

dcalvin4
03-14-2013, 08:15 PM
A heck of a lot of us use the sandpaper belts
I bought an extra set and 350 hrs on orig. so havnt replaced old yet
''A'' version
denny