PDA

View Full Version : Replacement of drive belts

gelu_b
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm going to change the original sand paper drive belts with the rubber belts to my Carvewright machine (B model) and kindly I'm asking you to let me know if I could find more data about this operation: maybe a demo video, other trips & tricks, after changing calibration procedure (I downloaded the specific pdf leaflet instructions).

bergerud
03-02-2013, 01:33 AM
All I know of is the pdf which I suppose you already have. I have just done exactly that myself. Sandpaper to rubber on my B machine. All I can suggest is that you ask questions here if you have any trouble.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_rubber_drive_belt.pdf

scoobie_6
03-02-2013, 06:22 AM
i just changed my sandpaper belts on one of my old machines,and it was just as simple as the directions said ,i was really suprised how easy it was. one tip though,they say to use a vise,but i used bar clamps works great took about 20 mins no problems

ktjwilliams
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah the clamps make it simple.. I use the quick clamps !!!! LOL They stay on the piece as I'm tightening..