PDA

View Full Version : Convert DXF file please

dehrlich
02-26-2013, 08:00 AM
I need someone with the appropriate software to convert this DXF file into a pattern please. Trying to get a vector pattern, just the outline would be fine. Appreciate your help! Email is darren@kansaswood.com if you need to email it.

chief2007
02-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I need someone with the appropriate software to convert this DXF file into a pattern please. Trying to get a vector pattern, just the outline would be fine. Appreciate your help! Email is darren@kansaswood.com if you need to email it.

Will this work for you?

02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
60353Attached is your project file. I downsized it so it can fit on one board. I also tweaked some quirky jigs in the lines so they flow smoothly. If you plan to cut out the figure, flip the cut so it cuts outside the line. You will also have to move the ear away from the head for a cutout because they are too close together to keep the tabs attached. If you plan on just carving the figure into a board there is no need to move the ear, but you should put in some offset to center the bit on the lines. I think the best result for a cut out figure would be to use the 1/16" cutting bit but that is limited to a maximum 1/4" thick stock for which you will need a jig or sled.

Enjoy!

dehrlich
02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I can use both of those. Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate your help! Now if I can just get the license worked out i'll be set. This school goes through a big company, and I have to have product liability insurance to get even a crafters license. Grrrr Thanks again!!