PDA

View Full Version : Double Double Files on card

dehrlich
02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Ok, for some reason all the files on the memory card have decided to clone themselves. I have two of everything, but on the machine only 1 of each shows. Ever happen to anyone else? Kinda weird.

Deolman
02-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I would suggest you do a format. It sounds like the file allocation table is corrupt.

badbert
02-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I would move your reader to a different USB port while your at it. And anytime I get a card error of any kind, I format my card.

dehrlich
02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Back to this issue... I formated my card and today when I added a file, it was doing it again. So I formated again, put two files back on and it still doubled. Problem with the card maybe? I mean it works fine in the machine, and if you delete one of the doubles the whole thing is gone. Very confusing... guess as long as it still works it's not a big deal.

bergerud
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
I sometimes have all double file names and sometimes not. I have not figured out why either. Are the doubles taking up card memory or is it just a file name display problem?

dehrlich
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
I sometimes have all double file names and sometimes not. I have not figured out why either. Are the doubles taking up card memory or is it just a file name display problem?

Well I haven't added it up to see if they are actually taking space. They display a file size, same as the other. I usually only have the files for the current days work on the card anyway so space isn't usually a problem.

CarverJerry
02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
What version of Designer are you using? I've got 2 memory cards that I use, one always stays in the machine and one at the computer, I just switch between the two, that way I can always have one here at the computer and don't have to run down the basement for the card when I load a program. Guess I'm a little lazy, but Lowes had a really good deal on them a while back.

dcalvin4
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Carver jerry GOOD IDEA using 2 cards
denny

CarverJerry
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I've also got 2 card readers, that way if I have to do a quick edit I can use the shop computer with out having to come upstairs to the main computer.
I'm running 1.186 version of designer and don't have the double file problem, and didn't with any of the other versions I had before this one. Just wanting to see if dehrlich ever found the answer as why that was happening.

bergerud
03-04-2013, 11:21 PM
I have 2 cards, both formatted with the same firmware. One of them double files, really are two of each file taking up memory, and the other one single files. It has to be that the cards are different. Very strange.

seathis
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
I would move your reader to a different USB port while your at it. And anytime I get a card error of any kind, I format my card.

I agree. I reformat and upload on a regular basis. and move usbs. I have 3 cards, 2 readers, 1 machine.