PDA

View Full Version : Newbie First Project

JoeinWestMich
02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Made a dog dish stand for my grand dog as my first self-designed project. My first project was a rosary box design from Carvewright. Learned a lot from this project. Used my Kreg pocket screws for assembly so it can be broken down for travel or storage. Was going to paint the dog head but just dry brushed it, looks better in person than in the picture. Also not sure how to upload pictures from iPhone so these are rotated... will do better next time. Used a satin finish over General Finishes pine stain. The dog bone (with name) came from woodwisdom.com and the dog head and dog bone for handle came from vectorart3d.com. Wood used was soft maple from big box store. This is my first wood working project in 30 years, and I know I have a lot to learn and improve but this was really fun and very satisfying. I really look forward to doing much more with my Carvewright.

JuicyCarp
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Looks fantastic if you ask me! Great job!

ladjr
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Looks great. I'm sure your dog will love it.

tierman
02-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Great job, looks to be fit for a king. Now you have to build a "throne " for the dog to sit on as he is eating.

Capt Bruce
02-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Very nice project for your first design JoeinWestMich,

And I appreciate your reference to your Granddog. I have several and while they are not as demanding of attention as the Grandkids they do love you just as much. Nicely done and welcome back to woodworking in the 21st Century. It's a whole new art.

lawrence
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
very nice dish holders- please keep sharing your work

Lawrence

badbert
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Hello fellow michigander! Great project

easybuilt
02-24-2013, 02:35 PM
That is awesome for your first project in 30 years. I am looking forward to many more!